Chapter 27: Coma

In the office, a fat man was having a frown on his face.

The poor employee that had come to report their monthly sales, was trembling and waiting in silence.

The fat man was known as Fatty Bill. He was a human beta who was the manager of the Cheshire Pavilion Turtle Town branch office. The man was a complete asshole. He likes to intimidate his employees and give them a huge load of overwork.

Since he was in charge of the branch office, the poor employees had barely any rest or breaks. But Fatty Bill would enjoy the store profits. He was so shameless that he didn't report the correct amount to the main office in the capital, practically stealing the money and using it for his own use. If he was not making trouble in the restaurant, he would be messing around in the red-light district.

And now the same despicable guy was very angry. "Why have our profits gone down so much! Two months ago, it was almost double of this!" Fatty Bill screams as all of his saliva falls on his subordinate face.

"W-well, since the opening of Rose Garden Bakery, our sales of bread and desserts have gone down. Almost all the clients prefer the sweet bread from them." He honestly thought that too, but he would be crazy to say that out loud.

"That damn shop again! Haven't I sent someone to make trouble for them!?"

"We did. But it didn't turn out well. And now, there are some rumors saying that our shop is despicable for doing that type of thing."

Fatty Bill grunted. "Those morons don't know what's good for them. Well, in this case they can't blame me for being rude. We need to teach them a lesson of who is in charge." A cold smile appeared on his greasy face.

....

In the morning, Felix felt good as new after a good night of sleep. His sore legs were all good now. But his appetite was a serious matter to attend to. Since he noticed that he was pregnant, his need for food had dramatically increased. That was one of the main reasons why he wanted to make the wedding so soon.

What could happen if he is too fat on his wedding day?

No way!

Felix was eating his breakfast when Fang Yu came to take him to the store.

Lately, their sales have been increasing, obviously that is a good thing, but Fang Yu, Felix and Henry could barely keep up with the demand. Honesty, the work has been very tiring the last few weeks.

"What about hiring some people?" Fang Yu asked. "The customers keep coming, it would be good to have an extra pair of hands."

With only the three of them in the shop, it was a good idea to get some more help. Since Felix and Henry stayed practically all day in the kitchen, it fell on Fang Yu to attend the front.

"It's been hard on you. Let's ask Aunty Vilma if she knows some honest people that are willing to work."

Fang Yu shooed his head. With gentleness in his eyes. "Not tiring. You shouldn't underestimate alphas' stamina. But you are now pregnant, it is not good to push yourself too hard."

Felix felt warm inside his heart. In his last life, no one cared if he was too tired. So naturally, he keeps working to the point of exhaustion. But the feeling of someone carrying you felt very good.

When they arrived at the store, Felix and Fang Yu found a funny scene.

"Sir, have you decided yet?" Henry said, as he had some impatience on his tone.

"Mmmmmm... what were the options again?" A man in purple clothes said.

"I already told you four times!"