Chapter 6 - Hometown Scout

"Uzui-san..?"

Tanjiro was breathing heavily from the overwhelming pressure the sound hashira has given them, he smells some thick bloodlust coming from the silver haired man. Zenitsu was conscious and shaking, hiding behind the maroon haired boy holding a grip on his checkered Haori.

"Destroy," Uzui responded filled with murderous aura.

"He killed every demon along the road without even uttering a single word besides that," Inosuke, surprisingly, also shook in fear.

"Uzui-san! Listen to me, you're mind is not on the right place!" Tanjiro shouted.

His effort of confronting the sound hashira failed.

"Shut up," he started, "I don't need you all here."

The sentence silenced everyone present. It was a cold needle piercing through the back of their necks, a pressuring sense.

"This can't be," Zenitsu pulled Tanjiro. "We have to do something."

"HAII!" Inosuke yelled at the top of his lungs and grabbed Uzui's left arm, locking it firmly making the Hashira numb.

"What are you doing?!" He asked.

"Sincere apologies, Uzui-san!" Zenitsu grabbed his right arm and used his katana to lock Uzui's wrist. "Tanjiro, NOW!"

"GOT IT!" Tanjiro yelled back at the two. He ran closer to the Hashira, brings his chest forward, taking a deep breath before slamming his forehead against the other's head causing a loud voice to echo through the forest they were walking through.

"OUCH! NOT FLAMBOYANT!" The Hashira screamed.

"WE NEED TO CALM OUR MINDS, UZUI-SAN!"

Both Zenitsu and Inosuke let of of each arm. They were smugly smiling in satisfaction that Tanjiro finally headbutted him, Inosuke even let our a laugh behind his mask.

"Still... Being embarrassed in the most unflamboyant way," he grunts.

The boys faked a runaway from the silver haired man whilst burying out loud laughters, the man slightly smiled and runs after them.

"Was I being too harsh?"

After what felt like a few miles running for the past few hours, they discovered a small village right beyond the woods. All of them stopped by to look at the city gates whilst panting and sweating.

"Finally," they all whispered.

Tired, they all entered the gates wobbly while people stare at them in confusion. Regardless, they went into the closest pavilion they could find to rest for the day.

"Let's rest here for now." Uzui suggested.

"Why a pavillion, though? We can ask for permission to rest at the Rengoku's," Inosuke asked.

"There's someone I do not wish to see that soon," Uzui sighed, trying to imagine all the things Shinjuro would do to him once he discovers his son has dissapheared.

They all checked in, two rooms. The trio will stay in one room and the Hashira in the other.

Uzui lied down on the floor mattress and looked up to the ceiling. His thoughts whispering in his head. He averted his head towards the window to see the sun slowly rising from the east. Watching the sun rises, he can't help but to imagine a fiery male's smile to calm himself down, to make him smile, he longs for that sort of warm smile the most. Slowly his thoughts brings him deeper, he fell into slumber due to exhaustion.

Meanwhile, at the same time, the trio stayed in the room discussing somethings. Some very important things, according to them.