Chapter 1: Happiness at work (Domestic)

She wanted to watch Spy Wars, but weekend demands said otherwise.

Sunday. For most families, it was a day to rest at home or it was a day where they went out to places like the beach or to a restaurant to enjoy the time off. The Forger family in their case, had chosen to stay home, but not to relax or lay around all day.

Anya wasn't supposed to do anything boring. She already did her homework, packed her backpack, and had thrown the carrots in the garbage can. Yes, she was supposed to be done with her classic homework and it was time to enjoy her favorite show while eating peanuts. But Loid and Yor thought it was a good idea that instead of her being distracted all the time, it would be better for her to learn some things to help out at home. So now she was there, attending to them both in things she considered tormenting to her mind.

She didn't want to listen, and threw a little tantrum, but they told her that if she didn't help them, they weren't going to let her watch her show. So she had no choice but to accept what her parents said.

Anya hated doing boring things like cleaning the apartment or folding laundry. She thought maybe reading their minds was going to help her, maybe if she could get a secret tip out of them, she could finish faster. However, doing household chores wasn't like doing academic tasks, and she ended up having a harder time keeping up with them. A few hours later, she already wanted to just lie down and watch her favorite series. But she had to keep helping them, or she wasn't going to watch Spy Wars.

Now she was in the kitchen with both of her parents. Loid was showing Anya how she was supposed to start making part of her lunch box so she can learn for next time.

"Look Anya, you grab the knife like this, and slowly cut the bread, avoiding cutting your fingers."

Loid was trying to explain carefully to keep Anya from getting confused. She was already having so much trouble with school, that the least he wanted to do was make her dizzy. But he felt he was doing a good job, his explanation didn't use complicated words, and he was doing everything slow to make Anya look at him in attention. It seemed that his daughter was attentively following what he was saying.

However, the look on Anya's face said otherwise. Anyone who could see her would say she was bored.

"Anya wants to watch her spy show." She thought.

She wanted to give anything to avoid helping out at home anymore. She endured the yawns, and looked at Loid with boredom. She was lucky that this one was more focused on the bread, but still, that didn't take away the fact that she couldn't get out of there. She felt that the hours were passing slowly, and she wanted to be consumed by sleep so she could do nothing that day.

But it was then that a thought of someone else entered her mind.

"It still amazes me how Loid has good skills in the kitchen."

She turned her gaze to her mom. The thought was coming from her. She seemed to be concentrating on Loid's hand movement. Or maybe on the sharpness of the knife. One way or another, Anya could be sure of one thing after hearing her. Yor was distracted, that she didn't realize Anya wasn't paying attention to Loid.

It was there that she remembered that she could read her parents' thoughts. She was so distracted with the domestic chores that she forgot that she could entertain herself in another way; hearing what her parents thought about each other. She always enjoyed hearing how each one highlighted important points in their lives, and it gave her joy to hear how they were slowly becoming more confident in their fake family.

It seemed she had found something funnier to do. Watching her parents' thoughts.

"I still remember when I would help my brother prepare and arrange his lunch box. I made the sandwiches like Loid, always thinking I was stabbing someone to get precision on each cut. It was like cutting off a victim's parts with my kunai, only without the blood."