Chapter 6: Acceptance (Family)

Saturday morning, a new day for the Forgers. There were no classes, no missions, no risk that each member of the family had to go through. It wasn't a day where one was suffering with their problems, everyone was doing their own thing without any interruption.

It was the perfect day to do something as a family, to improve relationships to increase the chances of success for Operation Strix.

The family came up with the idea of doing something that a normal family would do on a weekend. A lunch between all the members. It wasn't going to be a fancy lunch, but it was going to be a nice one where everyone would participate in the household and have a good time interacting with each other. But no longer in studies or training. It was now in a normal, ordinary family activity.

Everyone had their designated role, and the atmosphere of the house was anything but empty or dark. There were no dangers around, no people who wanted to threaten them. It was a normal Saturday, a Saturday where they enjoyed family time and increased their bonding. The whole family was at home. Loid without any extra mission to do. Yor without any clients to assassinate. Anya on vacation and playing with her crayons. And Bond sleeping while watching certain futures on his own, and always avoiding Yor's food.

And Yuri.

Yep. Yor's brother was there, witnessing the whole Forger family scene on the couch while waiting for lunch. He had been invited by Yor because she didn't want him to be left out. He was Anya's uncle, and deserved a place in the family. He was a member too in the end.

Beyond that, though, Yor liked having him around. As her only relative, she enjoyed spending time with him in the house.

At the moment, Yuri wasn't doing anything. He was a guest, so he was just going to wait to see what food the Forger family was going to prepare. Well, doing nothing was a bit of an exaggeration to say, knowing how obsessive he became about his sister and her... partner.

His gaze was totally focused on his target, on that blonde, captivating person for the assassin.

"Lottie..."

Even though it had been months since the surprise, Yuri still had a bad view of Loid. It couldn't be possible that he hadn't heard of him for a long time, and Yor had fallen for him out of nowhere. His hatred for him was too much; he still couldn't find a reason to include him in the family. He might be an excellent man at first glance, but Yuri didn't see the charm which made her sister marry him. He was stubborn in the end.

His thoughts were interrupted when his sister began to speak.

"Hey Yuri, I'm going out with Loid to buy the ingredients on the store in front of the house, could you watch Anya while we're gone?"

Yuri quickly changed his face to one of surprise and fixed his gaze on his sister.

"Emm, sure sis. No problem!"

The couple got ready to leave, they weren't going to take too much time according to them, but Yuri was suspicious about what Loid might do with her. He wasn't going to get out of his sight. The door closed, and now it was only Yuri and Anya in the house. Bond was just sleepily waiting for lunch. Yuri's face quickly changed to one of annoyance and distrust.

Yuri wasn't going to be left doing something boring like babysitting his niece. If the couple went alone, it meant they were going to do something private and inappropriate. He couldn't leave the apartment, but he could spy on them as they went to the store across the street.

He stood at the apartment window, avoiding showing too much of his body to prevent them from realizing they were being spied on. He was able to spot them quickly. It wasn't difficult to differentiate his sister's red clothes. He watched as she walked out beside Loid, walking close like a real couple.