Chapter 4: Myths in paradise (Secret Identity)

Time went so fast, that Loid was surprised of the duration of his mission. Two years and he still had to keep an eye on Desmond. It was surely a hard mission for him, and one that didn't believe it would take so much time.

But that was a topic apart; for now, he was focusing on more important stuff. Because today was the second anniversary of the Forger Family.

The family that began as a front to start Operation Strix had been in existence for two years. Loid felt he had to do better than last year; a simple cake wasn't enough to show the strength of his family. After putting Anya to sleep, it was time to make preparations. He wanted to impress Yor, to have her around so he could continue to be that family allied with the Desmonds in order to continue the mission.

More than just maintaining a good relationship for the mission, though, he really wanted to show the happiness he'd had since Yor came into his life.

Yor arrived home after a long time at the city hall, looking forward to get her dinner and just going to sleep. She turned on the lights in the apartment when she saw that the place was dark. Her eyes were surprised after seeing the first thing her eyes caught.

"Welcome home my dear Yor."

Loid looked more seductive all of a sudden. He looked prettier than on other days, making Yor blush. The place around him was more comfortable, the table was with two plates of red spaghetti and a bottle of expensive wine. There were two candles and two red flowers to accompany the meal, along with two pieces of cake for each. Loid had gotten a bigger one than last year, but decided it was better to eat a few pieces and tomorrow they would share the rest with Anya.

Yor had no words to express the happiness she felt. She couldn't believe how considerate Loid had been to remember an important day like this, even though they were still a fake family.

"Will you join me for this dinner my lady?"

"Su-Sure Lo-Loid." She was too excited to say anything clear. Loid grabbed her hand and sat her down gently. It was as if he was at a special dinner with a princess, in an important meeting or in a mission in Loid's mind. It was the two of them enjoying the moment in a passionate night full of feelings.

They started talking about their history together. How they got married in the middle of an alley and how their relationship has been growing little by little since that night. They highlighted every aspect of them, mentioned how amazing they were to each other. They ate slowly, imagining and planning their future plans they had together with Anya and Bond. It was simply a moment where they both enjoyed seeing each other's beauty, they loved being together even though their husband and wife relationship was fake.

It was a perfect night for both of them in the end.

Yor was practically distracted by her husband's gaze and words. Even though they knew they were both part of a fake family, that wasn't going to be a reason to deny that she was starting to have feelings for him. She loved his personality and the way he was, he was an amazing man. Maybe at some point, they could truly get married, although that was still a long way off. She was so lost in her thoughts that her purse fell and many of her things scattered the floor.

Loid quickly approached to help her, until he saw an object that caught his eye.

"Oh, is that Anya's comic book?"

Loid had remembered that Yor said she was going to buy Anya another volume of Spy Wars. It was a new weekly tome, and Yor was likely to give the gift to Anya the next morning. He didn't think much of it for a second, until he looked up.

It was then that he saw Yor's face suddenly change. From having the excitement she had a few minutes ago, she was now showing concern and seriousness after seeing the comic book. It seemed that something was going on in his wife's mind.