Chapter 7: Warm kiss for the cold (Mistletoe)

While snow and cold covered the streets and surroundings of Ostania, inside the Forger home, there was a warm and loving place.

It was the first time Loid and Yor were celebrating Christmas together, in fact, it was the Forger family's first official Christmas. Mostly their celebrations were not the biggest. In previous years on Loid's side, he just enjoyed every December 24th talking to Franky as he watched the night, thinking about his mother. On Yor's side, she just spent it with her brother drinking some wine while they enjoyed the time in their old apartment.

But now it was a different Christmas. It was a Christmas where both families were together; a new Christmas as husband and wife. And as a good Christmas celebration, the rest of the family members could not be missing.

Anya was sitting waiting for the presents, dressed in a red suit and wearing a Christmas hat. Franky wore a formal suit to show off among the family, it was the first time he was celebrating with more people, so he had to be looking perfect and more comfortable. Yuri, on the other hand, came with the same clothes as the first time he met Loid, to fit in with his sister who was wearing her casual clothes. Although he was a little jealous that he had to celebrate with Loid's family, he had to be respectful this Christmas.

Everyone sat down to celebrate early in the night. At midnight, everyone toasted with their wine while Anya celebrated with her grape juice on the table. They have an excellent Christmas evening, eating typical Christmas dinner dishes. Well-cooked turkey along with various sweets and vegetables filled the family's stomachs. Everyone was laughing and there were no disturbances to spoil the moment.

It was time for the presents, with Anya being the happiest with the toys she received. Everyone received the typical adult gifts, clothes and perfumes. They were luxurious, no one could deny that. Everyone celebrated in their own style, but the essential thing was that they were together as a family. Regardless of the differences and some small discrepancies, they loved their time together.

And so an hour went by, and the atmosphere had practically calmed down.

Loid thought that after opening the presents and eating dinner, it would be great if everyone went to bed. But as he expected from Yuri, he had brought bottles of wine to overindulge and get drunk like every Christmas. Although he refused every drink, that didn't mean the rest followed his word. Yor, Yuri and Franky enjoyed the wine to the fullest, while Loid watched as everyone had fun on their side. Anya with her toys, and the rest of the family with the drink and good conversation.

He wasn't surprised by the fact that it was one in the morning, and already all three of them were drunk. Yor looked cute when she was like that, Loid thought. But he knew it was going to be a long night when he saw that everyone had fallen under the effect of the wine. Still, she deserved to celebrate with wine at least once. She was enjoying the time with her brother and along with the rest of the family, so Loid had no problems with it.

He was so distracted with them that he didn't see Anya approach Yor and him, climbing onto a chair and setting a mistletoe on top of them.

"Ooooohhhhhh Forger, it looks like your daughter just put a mistletoe on you!"

Loid looked unsurprised and unsure what his friend meant by his words.

"What do you mean?"

"What? You don't know about the mistletoe knucklehead? It's a tradition - and it looks like you have to kiss her now!" Franky replied. Loid could see his excitement among his drunkenness.

"I don't understand."

Franky smacked his head as Anya laughed at the informant's reaction. She seemed to understand what this one was referring to.