9

I jingled the keys and got in the car. Loki had slowly became accustomed to driving with me, but he was still slightly nervous. I grasped his hand and told him, "There is nothing you need to be nervous about. Trust me." He relaxed a bit, but didn't let go of my hand.
As we drove, he told me to, "Go right here," or to, "Go left there." I was certainly clueless about where we were going, and hadn't been in this part of town in a long time. Then we were in a more rustic part of town. I recognized this from where me and my family used to hike when I was a kid. We parked in a gravely parking lot and Loki smiled at me. "Welcome to your surprise," he said.
"I know this place. Me and my family used to come here."
"Then you'll like it even more."
We got out of the car and began walking towards our destination. As we got closer, I heard the sound of a waterfall. My eyes began to light up with glee. "Is that--"
"It is!"
Loki's POV
As we began to get closer to the waterfall, the waterfall of her childhood apparently, I saw her eyes light up with happiness. It made my heart leap to see her like this. "Is that--"
"It is!"
She intertwined her fingers with mine and walked closer to me. We reached the waterfall and my heart stopped. It was beautiful. I had never seen anything this pretty on Asgard. I looked at Y/n out of the corner of my eye. She was enthralled with it and her eyes were fixated on it. I sat down and my mouth was gaped open like a fool. I saw her slowly walking towards the edge. She was getting dangerously close. Too close for comfort...I was not that comfortable with that...She was going to slip. And she began to before I reached out. "Y/N!"
I didn't even think before grabbing her. I saw a flash of green light and her eyes widened. Was it my magic? It had to be. She was back in my arms with me, that was the important part. She realized it and she burrowed into my chest. "Loki," she said just above a whisper. "It's alright, you're here. I'm here," I said.
"What was that? I saw light--"
"I don't know...let's go, okay, darling?"
"Okay," she said. I lifted her up to safety. We didn't speak on the way down, I only noticed she was shaking like a leaf. I felt awful. As she started the car I rested my head on the dashboard, my eyes closed. "Loki?" She asked.
"I'm fine. Let's go, I need to rest."
"O-okay," she said. I wanted to cry. I hated seeing her quiet, but I felt so drained. What had happened? It couldn't have been magic--unless Mother had--no. Odin wouldn't have let her. I laid my head against the window and tried to gain back some of my energy.