fifteen

[ cry ]

Time Skip: 3 Hours Later

Because I don't want to write a birthing scene-

The second she heard the baby's first cry, Y/N felt a sense of relief wash over her. All of that pain, it was worth it. She had a little baby girl who was perfectly healthy.

Alex stood at her side, inhaling sharply to keep himself from crying. She was already perfect, and so tiny. But she was beautiful.

The nurse wrapped the baby in a blanket and handed her to Y/N carefully, who held her, letting a few sobs escape, relieved. Her baby was finally here, and healthy.

Finally, the other guys were allowed in.

Each of them took one look at the baby and immediately melted, looking at her tiny hands, button nose, and squinted eyes. When the baby finally opened her eyes, they were a dark shade of either green or blue, which when asked about, was common, and they'd notice her eyes change color over time.

"So, who wants to help me give the baby a bath?" The nurse asked.

Clay was first to raise his hand slightly. "Uh, I'd like to, if that's okay."

Y/N smiled and carefully handed her to him, which he was a bit nervous about, but supported her head, almost turning to mush. She was so cute, barely any hair, and barely awake.

After he walked away with her, another nurse entered the room. "So, right after the baby was born, we were able to get a DNA sample. We should have the results in about a week. But we have the birth certificate here if you want to fill that out."

Taking it from the nurse, Y/N thanked her, sitting back, running a hand through her hair. "Alright guys, we should have talked about this more, but I have no name ideas."

"I, uh, have one I like," Karl said, playing with his sleeves.

Looking up at him, Y/N smiled. "What is it?"

"Well, I really like the name Arcadia," he said softly. "I-I just think it's a really pretty name."

She smiled and nodded. "I like it a lot. What do you guys think?"

"I think it's very pretty," George said, Sap agreeing with him, as well as Alex. Karl's face turned a bit pink and he grinned lopsidedly.

Wrapping his arms around her, she smiled and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "You're adorable."

Clay finally came back, and the baby was all clean. She seemed to be more aware now, and you could see her eyes move around the room. Taking her into her arms, Y/N smiled and cooed at the pretty baby, while George confirmed the name with Clay.

"Hi baby," Y/N said softly. "We decided to name you Arcadia, and I think it fits. I've been waiting so long to meet you."

Clay wrapped an arm around George's waist and smiled. "She's going to be such a good mom."

"Definitely," George agreed.

"Hey, I'm going to call Hestia and tell her that the baby is here, so she and Penelope can come back," Karl told them, before excusing himself to the hallway.

Y/N finished talking to Arcadia and wrapped her tiny hand around her finger, cooing softly. Arcadia leaned her head against Y/N's chest, and Y/N's eyes welled up with tears once again.

Her baby was finally here.