Story#13: Kid Cadet

I'm a terrible author

***

In one of the many desolate corners of the universe, a large space station called the " Poor Cadet" stood. This station was made to support and house a nation's worth of people. Since the dawn of when it was first created and settled into this part of space, a colony of people, designated as ORSC#15, has lived and thrived for a little over a decade. During this time, not a single tragedy had ever struck this colony.

Living here was a young boy named Kid Cadet, along with his trusted companion and faithful dog, Skip, and his good friend Marina Recruit.

It was a day like any other. Kid and Marina were returning home from a long day of having fun and goofing around the space station.

" Come on, Marina!" Kid shouted back as he sprinted far away in front, with his dog, Skip, following close to his side.

Turning to Skip for a moment, Kid uttered, " Come on, boy! Let's beat her home!"

As Skip responded back with a yelp, the two began to sprint down the hall at an even faster pace than before.

" Hey! Slow down you two!" Marina jovially shouted at them from behind, following at a brisk pace while heaving a truckload of bags.

Ignoring her, Kid continued down towards a door to the side. Beside the door, hanging off of the wall was a small mailbox, and lying in front of the door was your typical welcome mat.

Blazing past a curved window that looked out into the vast emptiness of space, with a hop and a skip, he landed on the welcome mat and came to an abrupt stop. A second later, Kid gave the door several knocks.

As Marina caught up, from a foot away, she could see the door slide open and a familiar mug stick out.

" Oh, hey Kid! Welcome home!" Kid's father, Dougal Cadet, uttered, greeting them with a wide smile.

" Did you two have a good day?" He asked, but before anyone could answer, Skip suddenly let out a bark at him.

" Oh!..." Dougal blurted out. Bending down for a moment, he gave Skip's head a pat. " Sorry boy! Did you three have a good day?"

" Yep!" Kid answered. " We went all around the hull! To the park, to all of the shops, and to Lar's!"

" Heh, sounds like you three had fun!" Dougal responded, bellowing out a short laugh.

Taking a step forward, he hollered, " Here, Marina, let me help you with those bags!"

As Dougal walked out the door and began grabbing some of the bags from Marina's arms, Kid headed inside.