ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

Haiiii! I am backkkk! 

Ariana Walter 

I fell down to the ground in pure shock. The bullet had whizzed past my ear and hit the creature in the chest. Right where its heart would be. 
The bullet slide off its hairy chest and the monster shrieked in anger. It bounded at ME and I scrambled away, trying to scream for help but my voice wasnt working. 

This is it. This is when I am going to die.....

I thought to myself.... then I saw Enyo dashing forward, a golden knife in her hand and she leapt up, high enough to reach the monsters head and as she whipped the knife in the air, it transformed into a long, glittering sword, slicing down through the monsters head all the way down.

Holy hell and cheesecakes.

I passed out with pure fright in my face as Enyo turned towards me, steaming blood dripping from her face. I saw a flash of what looked like horns on her face before I felt a sharp thud on the back of my head and I blacked out.....

Who knows how long later...... 

I felt the soft, silky sheets of my bed and yawned, curling up in a ball. That was a bad dream I guess.....

I opened one eye and saw Enyo, Tanner (Fem.), Collin (Male), and Zerella (Fem.).

Then I realized where I was. 

I was in a cot, the sheets were silky and soft, perfectly matching my beds. We were inside some sort of tree hollow and I saw the worry in all of the peoples faces. 

"Are you alright?" Zerella asked and handed me some water. I nearly choked. Was I alright? No!

I had just watched a mans insides writhe and a giant demon bat go loose!!

"I mean, if we were actors in Godzilla vs Batman.... yes"

Zerella shook her head and pushed her glasses farther up her nose. I sighed and rolled back around, wishing I could sleep through this whole nightmare...... 
But soon, Collin tipped the damn bed over and I rolled out, hitting my head on the dirt ground hard. 

"The hell?" 

I said and jumped up. Collin shrugged and pointed at Enyo.

"She was calling you for a while." he told me and walked off, I snarled at him but didnt do anything. When we walked out of the tree, I was surprised to see it was fairly small, a thin little tree. So how did it fit five teenagers and a bed? 

If someone said 'magic' I wouldnt be surprised. Giant, killer bats are real, so what else isnt. 

Enyo led the way but turned to us after a while. We had all been standing in a single file line.... keeping close to each other so, Tanner bumped into Enyo, I bumped into Tanner, Collin bumped into me, and Zerella had enough decency to stop before she bumped into Collin. 

I should note, 

THIS IS THE WORST GROUP TO BE STUCK WITH IN AN APOCOLYPSE.

These were all nerds or gossip girls. Only me and Enyo knew real fighting. I had taken pistol lessons (Yet pistols seemed to do nothing to the demons) and I had also gotten a black belt in Shotokan Karate. 

I mean, what could my foot or fist do against an EXTREMELY tall and lethal beast though???

"Alright, you are going to be facing some..... questionable.... er..... people." she started and as she ended, I spotted a pair of silver eyes in a tree behind her, it looked at me for a split second before it was gone and Enyo was on the ground, snarling.

"Is that any way to call your friends??" A voice said and we all backed away. I couldnt see where te voice was coming from but all that mattered at the moment was to get away for me. 

I grabbed Enyo's arm and began to pull her away but she hissed at me, telling me to stop, and pulled her arm out of my grasp. I backed up against a tree where I hit something..... or someone....

Definitely NOT the tree. 

I screamed and started thrashing around as they grabbed my hair and tilted myhead back, revealing my neck and I felt a terrifyingly cold metal on my skin.

I showed no fear on my face but inside, I was so freaking terrified. 

"Ooo, we havent had one of you in a while....." a womans voice said and it took all my guts to not start screaming and try to get out of her grasp as what used to be a shadow, turned into a full on human.....

Or one of the Nychta Skia. 
How did I know what they were? Hah! 

I dunno?

'Nychta' meant Night in Greek and 'Skia' meant shadow. Night Shadows? 

"So young, I thought he wouldnt have had done this to such a sad little thing" 

The woman said. Her face was covered by a black bandana that was dotted with white.

It looked like it was made with stars. 

Her skin was as dark as midnight, LITERALLY. 

There were tiny constellations dotting her arms.

I made out The Little Dipper on her arm before she yanked me to the side, the knife, which was golden and not a normal silver, cut into my skin and I felt a searing pain like none before. I had cut myself with a knife before, but nothing added up to this. It hurt and made my skin feel like it was dancing with tiny flames, as if someone had bathed me in a bath of hot coals and sharp rocks. 

My blood boiled. 

Literally.

Steam rose up from my skin and I screamed in pain.

What poison was on that knife? 

The woman dropped me and screamed, and screamed. Why was she screaming? I needed to be rushed to the hospital or.... SOMETHING??

Soon though, the pain rushed away and I was left in a puddle of tears and the smell of burnt skin. 

I hated that, but no one was around me. Enyo was muttering to herself and the rest of the group was staring away from me. They were staring at where the woman was.

I turned over and nearly puked for the second time in this monsterly apocalypse.

Because in that womans place? 

Was a half-eaten body, skin flaked off as if her bottom half had been torn off forcefully in one split second, her arms were covered in scratches and one of her eyes was now a pitiful piece of mush. 

Word Count: 1069 

Comment

Vote

SHARE