Swept off his feet!

This OS is in continuation to ''RaYa OS - No more secrets". Ram has challenged his wife to do something that sweeps him off his feet. Does Priya succeed? Read on to know...

Apologies for the time this OS has taken. I hope you feel it was worth the wait at the end!

As always, do leave behind your comments - the good, bad and the ugly :). There's no better motivation than reading all your comments :)

Special thanks to Doc for adding her magical touch and for naming this baby ❤️

******

Priya was buzzing around the room like a bee, already dressed for work, as Ram was just waking up.

"Good morning," she wished him cheerfully. "I was debating whether or not to wake you up or leave you a message. I need to leave early for a conference at the Institute. Also, throughout the day, I won't be able to answer any calls or texts," she said, giving him a glance. "And I won't be able to join you for lunch either. The Institute is hosting a lunch for the staff members and the delegates, and I'm required to be present. Okay? Mr. Kapoor, are you even listening to me?" she demanded, hands on her hips.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. You're not answering my texts, picking up my calls, or having lunch with me today. What a wonderful start to the weekend! Exactly what I was looking forward to," he replied sarcastically, with an unnecessarily big smile.

"Sarcasm huh? Way to go!" she chuckled. "Waise, it's said for couples, that the longer they spend with each other, the more they start to become like each other. Imagine Mr. Kapoor," she said dramatically, "someday you'll be Mr. Khadoos Kapoor and I'll be Mrs. Smiley Kapoor! How interesting will that be?" she exclaimed gleefully. 

"No, no, no..never," said Ram, panicking, hand on his chest, fully awake now. "Aisa kabhi nahin hoga, dekh lena!"

"Okay, then, we'll see!" she smirked. "But right now, it's time for me to leave. So buh-bye, I'll see you in the evening. Another thing, I don't know when the conference will end, so please don't wait for me. I'll take an auto once the conference wraps up." Ram just nodded gloomily in response. Priya, in her mind, sorry Mr. Kapoor, I had to lie to you, but I really hope you like the surprise I've planned for you.

The day seemed to move at a snail's pace for Ram. He was very distracted at work and kept fidgeting with his phone all day. Ek message bhi nahin kar sakti, aisa bhi kya important conference hai? he grumbled. Adi was watching his restless friend with mild amusement. He knew that Priya was planning a surprise for Ram, so she lied about her work to make sure the surprise was not ruined for him. He decided to go help his friend.

"Arre, Ram..uss phone ko aise kyun ghur raha hai jaise teri usse koi purani dushmani hai? Mr.Bansal aur unki team pahuch gayi hai meeting ke liye, chalein?" he asked. Yaar, Adi..you guys take the meeting today. I don't feel like it," Ram replied shaking his head. "Aisa kyun bol raha hai, tujhe toh pata hai yeh meeting kitni zaroori hai. Please Ram, you need to attend this meeting," Adi insisted.

Ram knew that sitting and fretting was of no use, it definitely made more sense to attend the meeting. At least it'll give his brain something else to think about. Sighing, he gave in and went with Adi.

It was 6 in the evening. On most days, Ram returned home with Priya, telling her about his day and listening to her daily rant on capitalism, consumerism and everything else that ails the world. He'd not realized how slowly, she had made her way into his heart, so much so that he was missing her rants too! He had held out for the entire day just for her, not even calling her when he left from work, but he was still hoping with all his heart that she would be at home waiting for him. He entered the bedroom, as usual calling out Priya's name, but stopped when he was met with silence. A wave of disappointment washed over him. It's a Friday evening, why hasn't she wrapped up her work already? I should have just stayed in office, he mumbled, sulking away. Damn that conference! He flung his blazer on the bed still irritated, when a small envelope on the bed caught his attention.