005; confessions

CONFESSIONS

"oh wait- i said that out loud didn't i?" gianna's face turned bright red as zach and jonah started to crack up. danile looked taken aback by the accidental confession.

gianna excused herself to the bathroom silently. as she stepped away from the boys chatter that picked up moments after her words she could feel herself tear up a bit. how embarrassed she felt didn't even have to do with how he felt. they've only had a friendship from not even 12 hours and she's already spilling her gut out to him. it's not like she meant too, she just wasn't thinking.

on the way back to the hotel gianna sat in the backseat with her air pods in listening to whatever music her spotify wanted to play. she paid more attention to the view out the window then the song that was playing in her ears. once they pulled into the parking spot everyone got out and she took the stairs while the boys took the elevator. she didn't realize zach had followed her until he put his hand on her shoulder.

she jumped a little but melted into giving him a hug. she told him how embarrassed she was and that she was sorry from making the evening awkward. zach just laughed and reassured her that it was ok. he walked her back to her room and they said good night. tomorrow would be another day of driving.

her head was spinning in circles and she couldn't sleep. gianna crept out to the balcony to watch to few cars pass. no one was out, the warm breeze blew against her face and she sat and looked at the stars. the memory of the events a few hours ago are still fresh on her mind but she just wished she'd forget them.

"hey...g?" she heard from next to her. there stood zach leaning against the rail to see her. her skin got goose bumps as she withered under his strong gaze waiting for her to respond to him. she let out a shaky 'hey' at squeezed her eyes. "you ok?" he asked gently, worried about his newer friend.

she nodded her head slightly but he could barely see her. zach grabbed onto the rail and hoisted himself up. he then leapt the short distance to her balcony. she was startled a bit as he landed, not expecting to see the execution of strength he just displayed. "are you okay?" he asked again, his words hanging in the air waiting for hers to join them.

"i'm fine... just..." she trailed off before finishing. "i just feel like i messed up what could've been a perfectly great friendship because i wasn't thinking"

"woah woah woah, slow down lightning mcqueen!" she chuckled at his silliness. "i promise you didn't mess anything up" he said patting her shoulder. she sighed before looking at his face. "but- i accidentally confessed the distanced feelings i have for him. i mean think about it, we barely even know each other and i'm sure he thinks i'm a creep for having a crush on him!"

╱╱ AUTHORS NOTE ( ઇઉ ֹ𓂃݊ ׅ
slowly but surely adding more to the plot.... what do you think will happen next?

(2-6-24)
— this chapter is unedited, please excuse any grammar mistakes and typos. Thank you