OSS 5: Teenage Love

I can still vividly remember the day I met Keizah. I was instantly captivated by her charm and beauty. She was different from any other girl I had ever met. As a teenage boy, it was only natural for me to develop feelings for someone like her.

I couldn't help but wonder what I could do to make her mine. So, I decided to pursue her. Yes, I started wooing her. I knew we were young, but what harm could it do to give it a try?

"Look, there she is!" her two friends exclaimed as I approached her.

Keizah stood up and gave me a cold, stern look.

"Hey Sean! What do you think you're doing? Do you really think your cheesy antics will impress me? Well, you're wrong!" she said angrily, pointing at her chest.

If it weren't for the fact that she was a girl, I might have punched her for talking to me like that. But because I liked her, I ignored her outburst.

I smiled slightly and winked at her before responding to her accusation.

"Kei, what I did wasn't cheesy. In fact, I didn't even bring any flowers for you. Are you feeling lucky? Besides, didn't you say you didn't like flowers-"

"What the hell!" she suddenly shouted, cutting off her friends.

"What the f***! Come over here!" she said to me before pulling me out of the canteen.

Once we were outside, she let go of my arm.

"Are you seeking attention?!" she asked, her voice filled with irritation.

"No, I was there to see you. And how was I supposed to know you were sensitive about that?" I replied, slightly annoyed.

She looked cute when she got angry.

"You really embarrassed me in front of my friends-"

"Wait, why?"

"Let me tell you something. Don't laugh if you don't want me to punch you." she warned.

"Okay, what is it?"

"The truth is, I like flowers. But I didn't say that so you could buy me flowers, okay? I just don't like it when someone gives me flowers. They wither. I prefer something unique. Even if I can't physically touch it, I can still feel it and it always stays in my mind." she explained with an air of mystery.

"Well, so what?" I asked, confused by her frustration.

"Nevermind!"

*****

I spent the whole day pondering over what Keizah had said.

"Even if I can't physically touch it, I can still feel it and it always stays in my mind..."

I kept repeating those words to myself whenever I was alone.

"What could she possibly mean by that?" I whispered.

I thought long and hard, and before I knew it, I figured out what she wanted.

"A serenade!" I exclaimed with joy.

I was going to serenade her. Overwhelmed with excitement, I decided to write a song just for her.

I grabbed a pen and paper and sat down at my desk. Luckily, it was lunchtime, and there weren't too many people where I went.

*****

I was now walking towards Keizah's house. I wanted to visit her and serenade her. As I walked, I sang the song I had written for her with my guitar. I hoped she would like it.

Just as I was about to reach her house, I heard voices.

"Keizah, let's go!" I stopped singing upon hearing her father.

"Dad, let me go! I don't want to go with you!" I saw her being pulled into their car by her father.

I hurriedly ran towards them.

"Sir, please let her go!" I said, finally catching up to them.

"Well, you must be Sean." I nodded without hesitation.

"Yes, that's me-"

"Sean, what are you doing here?" Keizah asked me in disbelief before flashing me a smile.

I nodded.

"I'm here to serenade your daughter." I said to her father, who looked surprised.

"Are you going to serenade me?" Keizah asked, her voice filled with astonishment.

I nodded.

"Hijo, I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to do that. And my daughter won't be seeing you again." her father said bluntly.

"What...?"

"Dad, please... just this once. Give him a chance to serenade me." Keizah interjected, pleading with her father.

"Keizah, we're in a hurry! Get in the car!" her father commanded her.

I quickly grabbed Keizah's hand and pulled her towards me.

"Sir, your daughter has a right to hear-"

Before I could finish my sentence, her father punched me.

"Kid, you have no right to talk back to me! You have no idea what you're doing." I instinctively held my cheek as I spoke.

"Sir..." Keizah suddenly spoke up, causing her father to pause.

"Sean... thank you for the serenade. B-but, my dad is right. We're still kids, and we shouldn't be involved in things like this. Hopefully, when I come back, there will be a serenade waiting for me from you..." her voice was filled with sadness.

"Keizah!" I shouted, watching their car drive away.

I knew I wouldn't hear anything from her. We were just 14 years old. Maybe she was right, we were still young.

I'll wait for you, Keizah. And when you come back, I'll be here for you.