0SS 6: One-Sided Love

Tino is infatuated with a wealthy girl named Glaiza. Tino believed that they had something special but little did he know that his love for her was one-sided.

Tino gathered up the courage one day and decided to confront Glaiza about his feelings. He found her sitting by a bench in the park and approached her nervously. "Akala ko ba mahal mo ako?!" Tino blurted out, unable to contain his emotions any longer.

Glaiza laughed softly, not expecting Tino's outburst. "Mahal? Tino, mag-isip ka nga. Mayaman ako at ikaw, mahirap lang. Hindi kita mamahalin. Dahil alam naman nating dalawa na hindi kita gusto diba?" she replied, her tone cold and distant.

Tino's heart sank, tears forming in his eyes. He refused to believe it. "H-hindi ako naniniwala. Yung kagabi? Ano yun? Diba may nangyari satin-"

"Tino, stop! Wala lang yun. Isa lang yung napakalaking pagkakamali na hindi na dapat maulit pa!" Glaiza shouted, cutting him off abruptly.

Confused and hurt, Tino let out a sad laugh. Tears started streaming down his face slowly. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Alam mo Tino, tigilan mo na ako. Lumayo ka na sakin. Hindi kita mahal! At wala akong ibang mamahalin kundi si Jhon! Naintindihan mo?!" Glaiza continued, her voice filled with determination.

Tino's heart shattered into a million pieces. He had hoped that their connection was something more, but it seemed like he was just a fool. "Ramdam kong hindi mo ako mahal. Alam kong mahirap lang ako. Pero Glai, kaya kong gawin ang lahat para lang sa'yo-" Tino pleaded, his voice quivering.

"Kung kaya mong gawin ang lahat para sakin, edi layuan mo ako. Yun lang naman yung gusto ko eh! Please, hindi kita kayang gustuhin kaya lubayan mo na ako," Glaiza retorted, her eyes filled with anger and frustration.

Not willing to let her go just yet, Tino grabbed her arm, preventing her from leaving. "Kung aalis ka, ito ang tatandaan mo. Sana, ingatan ka niya kasi hindi ko kayang makita ang mga mata mong lumuluha dahil sa kanya. Alam mo ba? Simula noon, sa'yo na ang puso ko. Oo mahirap ako kaya nga ako nagsisikap para maging kasing yaman mo. Kagabi, akala ko may pag-asa ako dahil may nangyari- ay mali. Dahil may maling nangyari na hindi dapat mangyari," Tino confessed, sighing deeply.

"Inisip ko na, hindi mo ako kayang mamahalin. Pero bakit mo hindi naisip yung nararamdaman ko?" Tino added, tears flowing freely down his face.

"Para kang bading!" Glaiza yelled in anger, her voice piercing through the silence of the park. "Wala nga akong pakialam sa nararamdaman mo! Let's end it here Tino. Gawin mo yung sinabi mo. Wag ka ng magpapakita sa'kin."

And with that, Glaiza stormed off, leaving Tino alone with his shattered heart. He couldn't comprehend how the one he loved could be so heartless.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Tino tried his best to move on, but the pain still lingered deep within him. He would often find himself thinking about Glaiza, wondering why their love had to end so bitterly.

But life went on, and Tino decided that he needed to focus on rebuilding himself. He went to school, worked hard, and started pursuing his dreams. And little by little, the pain started to fade away, replaced by a newfound determination and strength.

One day, as Tino was walking down the street, he saw Glaiza from afar. She looked happy, walking hand in hand with Jhon, the person she had chosen over him. Tino couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness, but he also felt a sense of relief.

He realized that he deserved someone who could love him wholeheartedly, someone who would appreciate him for who he was and not just his economic status. It was a painful lesson to learn, but it was one that would shape his future relationships.

Tino carried on with his life, gradually finding happiness in things that didn't involve Glaiza. He met new people, made new friends, and eventually, found someone who loved him for everything he was.

He discovered that his heart was capable of healing, and that sometimes, letting go of the one you love is the greatest act of self-love and self-respect you can give yourself. And as he looked back on his past with Glaiza, Tino knew that his journey had made him stronger, wiser, and ready to embrace a love that was truly meant for him.

Tino's POV:

"Nakikita ko siya pero kahit kailan, hindi ako nag e-exist sa mundo niya."