Chapter 1

The Vanishing Of  Will Byers
(Part 1)

"Creeping through the shadows, something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow casts over the wall behind you, swallowing you in the darkness. It is almost here." Grace spoke fiercely.

"What is it?" Will asked shyly. "What if it's the demogorgon? Oh Jesus, if it's the demogorgon we're so screwed."

"It's not the demogorgon." Lucas reassured.

"An army of troglogytes charge into the chamber!" Mike called out from the other end of the table.

"Troglogytes?"

"Told ya!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Wait a minute, did you hear that? That... that sound? Boom... Boom... Boom! That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that... that came from something else... The Demogorgon!" Grace and Mike called out from behind their board.

"We're in deep shit." Dustin huffed in shock.

"Will, your action!"

"I don't know!"

"Fireball him!"

"I'd have to roll a thirteen or higher!" Will and Lucas argued.

"Too risky. Cast a protection spell!" Dustin interfered.

"Don't be a pussy! Fireball him!"

"Cast protection."

"The demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you! Boom!" Mike shouted.

"Fireball him!"

"Another stomp, Boom!"

"Cast protection."

"Fireball! Oh, shit!" Will yelled after he accidentally tossed the dice to far and lost it on the floor.

"Where'd it go? Where is it?"

"I don't know!"

"Is it a 13?"

"I don't know!"

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"

"Mike! Mike!" Mike's mom, Karen called from the top of the basement stairs.

"Can you find it yet?" The boys and Grace continued to search for the missing dice.

"No, I can't find it!"

"Mike!" Karen called once again.

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"

"Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign." Mike shouted towards her.

"You mean the end? Fifteen after." She spoke sternly.

"Oh, my God! Freaking idiot!"

"Why do we have to go?" Will asked.