Chapter 5

Holly Jolly

(Part 2)

Bee walked herself home before anybody had the chance to ask her where she was going. It was her main goal to get home as soon as possible and get to Grace before she could ask questions. Hopefully, Grace wouldn't be to upset with her anymore and maybe things could go back to the way they were before she knew about Eleven and the secrets her sister had been forced to hide from her. She heavily doubted that though. Especially after how Grace had been acting all day. Bee was shaking and shivering when she pulled up to the Wheeler's house to fetch her car. She would call later on and try to have Karen drop Grace off that way nobody saw her wet hair and soaked clothes and to keep Nancy out of trouble. She didn't know her all too well and she has never been friends with her even though her sister visits their home every single day. She placed the soaked towel down on the driver's seat of the car to prevent the seats from molding or obtaining permanent water marks on the beige leather. She finally began to drive away slowly and headed towards her quiet home so that she could eat, call Karen, and go to sleep for the boring and uninteresting day set ahead of her. As soon as she pressed the first three numbers into the phone on the wall, she heard a knock at the door. It was Karen and Grace both standing at the door. 

"Hi, Karen. I was just about to call. I'm sorry I didn't come by to pick her up sooner. I just lost track of time-" She was cut off.

"It's completely fine, I understand. I was just wondering when Nancy was coming home. Did she tell you anything before you left?" 

Bee thought for a moment before answering the girl's mother. 

"She didn't say anything to me. We separated as soon as we got to the assembly." 

Bee gave the woman a sympathetic look before finally letting Grace inside. 

"Are you hungry, I can make-" Grace interrupted before she could finish. "No thanks, I already ate. I'm just going to go to bed now, ok?" She asked, with an aggressive attitude. 

Bee now realized that she was still upset with her. She also had no idea what to do about it. In the back of her head, she could hear a faint voice. A voice yelling out for help. It was Barbara. She heard her yelling for help. Why? Was this what she was sensing earlier? Bee strutted towards her bedroom and locked the door behind her. She turned out the light, sat on the floor, and began to concentrate on the voice she was hearing. Opening her eyes, she saw nothing but pitch-black darkness all around her. She started towards where she heard Barbara the loudest.

"Barb? Are you there?" She asked aloud. 

"Hello? Nancy?" She heard in response. Suddenly Barb appeared in front of her. 

"Barb, it's me, Bee. Where are you?" 

Barb looked as if she had been frozen in ice and then dipped into equally freezing water. 

"Please help me!" 

She screamed and started running and behind her Bee heard a creature growling and then awoke from her darkened vision. With wide eyes she grabbed her keys and rushed out of the house. She had to help her. Leaving her house behind, she sped over to the Harrington's home where Barb had last been. She thought about knocking on the door and asking if they had seen her but then remembered that Stevev and Nancy had other plans with each other. So, instead of the awkward encounter with the couple, she snuck to the backyard and had a look for herself. 

"Barb? Are you out here?" She said with a worried expression. There was a sudden move in the dark woods behind the house.

 "Who's there?" She called out to the mysterious noise. Bee began walking towards the bushes only to reveal a very flustered Jonathan Byers.