3. Team 7

Y/N POV

I got called to the Hokage's office to meet my new team. I reached the office and I knocked the door. "Come in!" said a voice, probably the Hokage's voice. I opened the door and I saw Naruto standing beside a pink haired girl, the same one from the other day. I smiled to myself. "That must mean I'm on the same team as him." Lady Tsunade explained a few things to me and my team introduced themselves to me.

  "Hi, I'm Sakura. Nice to meet you!" Said the pink haired one. "And you already know me, Naruto. Glad that we're on the same team, Y/N!" Naruto said with a huge smile on his face. I just smiled back at them. I was so happy we were on the same team. I'm probably gonna enjoy myself in Konoha. "Get to know each other a bit more and try to practice together so that you know each other's moves and can work as a team." Said lady Tsunade, "I won't give you missions for a while till you get used to each other. You are dismissed." 

We left the building together.  Sakura asked "So.... What now?" "Well, we could either train together or go out for lunch or something." I replied. "I VOTE FOR LUNCH!" Naruto literally screamed. I laughed a bit and said "Sure, why not?" So we all went to a random restaurant and sat down at a table in the corner near the windows. We ordered our food and we talked a bit while we waited for our food.

"How come you guys were missing a member?" I asked, a decision I almost instantly regretted. "...We, uhm, we used to have Sasuke on our team. He- He left the village and went to-" Naruto had to stop here, he looked like he was about to cry. He took a second and he started talking again "I'm sorry. He went to train under Orochimaru to get stronger. He wanted to avenge his clan. His whole clan got murdered by his older brother" At this point Sakura's eyes were filled with tears and Naruto's voice sounded so...broken. I felt horrible for bringing it up. "I-I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-" I started but he quickly cut me off. "No no, it's ok, really. It's not your fault. You didn't know. It's just that...it's kind of a sensitive topic for us." 

He looked at me and I could see the hurt in his eyes. I don't know why, but out of no where I really wanted to comfort him and make him happy. I didn't want to see him hurt like that anymore. "That's weird. Why am I thinking this way? I barely met him a few days ago." The rest of the lunch was eventless, and we just chatted about random things for the most part, but I couldn't stop thinking about that pain in his eyes and how broken his voice sounded. I felt like I wanted to protect him for some reason. Whatever, we're teammates and friends, is it so wrong that I feel this way?...