10

Normal POV
Loki had been resting in my bedroom since we had got home. He had skipped lunch and I was wondering if he was about to skip dinner. To say I was worried about him was an understatement. I was cooking a simple chicken noodle soup for the both of us.
A few minutes later I entered the room with the soup in hand. I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed. His head was in his hands. I set the soup on the nightstand and sat on the bed. "Hey, Loki. You alright?" I asked. He turned and swung his legs over onto the bed. "I'm fine. What's that?" He asked, gesturing to the soup.
"Oh. I brought you some dinner since you didn't eat anything."
He shook his head. "I don't want it," he said. I sat closer to him and carefully wrapped my arm on his shoulder. "Loki, I know something is going on with you. What's the matter?" I asked.
"Nothing. Now leave me be!" He snarled. I backed up quickly off the bed and stood in the doorway. "I'll leave now. I'm sorry," I whispered. I backed out of the room but Loki turned around and said, "Wait."
"What is it? Did I do something wrong?"
"No. I did."
I creeped slightly back into the room and Loki came closer to me. He placed his hand on my shoulder and I felt a lump on my throat. "I know I used magic. It took everything out of me, I don't know why, I'm trying to figure that out now," his voice was riddled with emotion.
"I'm sorry. I never should have--"
"Y/n. You have nothing to be sorry for, darling. I never should have snapped at you."
He took me into a hug and I closed my eyes. I felt warm liquid roll onto my hands. I looked up. He was crying. "Loki, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked. He smiled through the tears. "I know I'm difficult. I know I'm an asshole. I want to thank you for being here for me," Loki said. I stood on my toes to hug him tighter and placed my head on his shoulder.
That night I couldn't sleep. I noticed Loki was playing with a green ball of light and I opened my eyes. He turned over, facing me. "Sorry, love. Am I keeping you up?" He asked. "No," I responded, "I can't sleep. Whatcha doing?"
"Trying to figure out my magic. The power levels are flickering. I think it's limited."
"Mm. It looks cool."
"Thank you, darling," Loki said, kissing me on the forehead. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Do you have to go back to work tomorrow?" He asked.
"No. Tomorrow's Sunday, remember?"
"Ah, yes. Dinner tomorrow, perhaps?"
"Perhaps," I smiled, burrowing into a blanket bundle. I snuggled against him and not long after that, fell asleep.
Loki's POV
"Perhaps," she smiled, burrowing into her blankets. Y/n snuggled against me, and just a few minutes after that, she fell asleep. I wrapped my arm around her. I rested my head on her and most definitely not to her knowledge, said, "I love you most, my beloved Y/n."
************
The next morning Y/n woke up before me. I heard her in the kitchen making something. I sat up and saw her over the stove. Then I heard her singing. She had the most angelic, sirenesque voice I had ever heard. Sigyn's voice could not even begin to hold a candle to her. I walked into the kitchen and smiled.
She saw me and jumped. "Sorry, did I frighten you?" I asked. She shook her head. "Has anyone ever told you what a beautiful voice you have, my love?" I asked.
"Not really. I don't sing, I'm very self conscious."
"You shouldn't be. If I had a voice like yours, I'd sing all the time."
Y/n smiled and I kissed her cheek. She took the pancakes she was making off the griddle and placed them on the plates. "Breakfast is ready," she said. I noticed one of them had two slivers of pancakes above the bigger ones. It had a face made of fudge icing.  "Darling, is this me?" I asked, stifling a laugh.
"Yes. I tried to do horns but it didn't work out."
"I think it looks great."
I kissed her on the cheek and sat down next to her. I eagerly tucked into the meal and she couldn't help but keep smiling at me. "Where do you want to go to dinner tonight?" She asked.
"Why are you asking that now?"
"Why not?"
I chuckled and thought for a moment. "Why not the place we went to when I first came here?" I suggested. Y/n nodded. "That sounds good," she agreed.
"It's a date then."
"Hehe. It's a date."