Explanation

Luke's POV
Why i asked her. She looked me dead in the eye, and said.
"I wish i could tell you, i really do, but i can't, you can't know, you will leave like everyone else, and i can't put that kind of burden on you"
"I will never leave, we are BEST friends, and it wouldn't be a burden, i just want to help" i told her taking her hand in mine. She slipped  her hand away quickly, but then relaxed, interlocking our pinkies, i smiled at her, and she gave me a light hearted smile back.
A nurse walked into the room, with a clipboard, and handed it to me to sign. After i signed them, i walked Sophie to my car, and helped her in. I walked to my side of the car, and got in as well. I sat there staring out the windshield, my hands on the wheel, just thinking.
"Sophie please tell me" i pleaded softly
"Can we go to the tree house?" She asked
"Yeah sure" i drove to the docks, and we walked through the forest to the treehouse, there were still blankets, and stuff from when we slept up here. I grabbed a blanket, and snuggled her close to me, she looked really tired, but she also looked scared, that i was holding her.
"Sophie it's okay, i don't bite" i laughed
"B-but I'm gonna squish you" she whispered
"Are you joking! You don't even make an indent on me, you are so damn skinny"
"Don't lie, it doesn't make me feel better"
"Im not lying...look Sophie please just give me an explanation please"