4.) "Search Party" (Isabela)

A/N: Okay, I am so so so sorry everyone. It's been what? Two months since my last update? End of year wrap up, reviews, and exams have had my ass and I didn't have the motivation to write without motivation. That motivation comes mainly from demand for more, so engagement is much appreciated as it usually equates to more frequent updates. I AM ALSO NOT VERY GOOD AT WRITING ROMANCE SO BARE WITH ME! MY WRITING STYLE WILL CHANGE AS THE STORY PROGRESSES AS I FIGURE OUT HOW THE ROMANCE GENRE WORKS! I AM ALSO EXPERIMENTING WITH DIFFERENT TENSES AND POVS so let's see what it looks like in Isabela's mind today. Fingers crossed! Thank you so much for your time and even more so for your patience. Let's see where this goes!

_______________

          I hurried down the steps as quickly as I could whilst maintaining my composure, slowing down to dodge servants here and there. When I reach the ballroom the crowd clustered around the main exit.
          "Isabela Madrigal!" I heard Abuela Alma's voice scold as I weaved through the crowd. I felt like my blood had frozen solid, sticking me in place. I turn to face Abuela who had Mirabel trailed on her heel. Abuela continued, "¡Dónde has estado!". I looked around before meeting her eyes,
          "I went up to a balcony nearby for some air.". A poor justification, I know, but it was the only thing my head could produce before sputtering to a halt. My Abuela looked me up and down and sighed before she continued ahead of me to see the fuss of the crowd. I turned to my sister, "Mirabel", I hushed to catch her attention, "what happened?". Mirabel looked over at me with a type of look I couldn't coin exactly before she levelled in to respond.
          "The queen and her sister got into an argument." Mira explained, "A glove was stolen, words were said, a lot of family baggage definitely-".
          "Skip to the point." I interjected a bit louder than I should of but Mirabel cleared her through and went on.
          "I couldn't see after that. Everyone gathered around them and Abuela and I were caught behind.".

          Just before we emerged from the ocean of people, a heard a man say something about sorcery. Then we saw it.

          Elsa was barricaded by the doors by outward-shot shards and spikes of ice.
          "I knew there was something dubious going on here." The same, older man hushed, glaring at Elsa while cowering behind one of his guards. She had pinned herself to the door and Elsa fumbled for the handle. She clutched one hand to her chest and her eyes darted around, petrified and looked at everyone. It all reminded me of an injured animal mi primito Antonio would bring into Casita. Elsa's piercing blue eyes locked with mine just as she opened the door and bolted out of the room, her berry-coloured cape flew behind her, and waved with each step she made.

          Where was she going? Why was there ice? I pushed through to Anna who stared at the door Elsa closed behind her on her escape. She held a glove that belonged to her sister tight to her chest.
          "What happened?" I asked, my voice so direct and flat in tone, I seemed to have startled her.
          "She.." Anna trailed, "The ice, I...". Before she could give me a straight answer the old man and his guard rushed after Elsa's trail. Anna followed quickly. I went after Anna and others did as well.

          When we found Elsa outside, the outside steps were coated in sheets of ice and the yard fountain was frozen solid mid-flow. The old man had fallen on the ice, and Elsa broke into a sprint as we saw her. We chased her to the edge of the fjord and I thought Elsa was at the end of her rope, slowing down her pace.
          "Wait!" Anna pleaded, "Please!". Elsa ignored us and stepped into, no. Onto the water. The previously liquid water froze beneath her heels and ran across it. I looked to Abuela and Mirabel who followed me and I knew they both thought what I was. She had a gift.