C H A P T E R 8 🥀

"Those two are late." Nayuri angrily says, gripping her palms.

She is extremely shocked few moments ago seeing the flashy entrance of her dearest little Naruto, aweing how similar Obito and the blonde boy are. Her dark green eyes scan all over the people who come to the Chunin exam.

Loud voices and yells in happiness bring Nayuri back to her days of the Chunin exams when she was looking back at the crowd cheering for with the same expression now Naruto has.

"Naruto!!!" The pink-haired girl sitting next to Ino exclaims.

Nayuri realises the girl is called Sakura, Naruto's other teammate and Kakashi's student. She doesn't know why but Sakura reminds her of Rin who was also cheered for Obito years ago.

"Yeah. But he's totally late. Of course." Ino replies.

Shikamaaru carries an exhausted Naruto after landing to the ground from the door that fast because of the collision caused by several bulls. "Oh, man what a drag."

Then Naruto suddenly gets himself energetic. "Guys...you won't believe this but there is a vast herd of bulls coming this way."

Nayuri doesn't even what to know what really happened.

"Hey you guys, knock it off." Genma orders, tooth pick dancing in his teeth. "Quit fidgeting you too. Stand up straight present yourself proudly to the spectators.."

The third Hokage, honourable Hiruzen Sarutobi is sitting in his designated places while the seat for the Kazekage is empty.

Totally there are eight of them; except Sasuke who is late.

I blame Kakashi for this, Nayuri frustratingly thinks.

She can't believe that Kakashi who always picked up fights with Obito for being late is now showing the same characteristics.

"You guys are the stars of this final round."

Nayuri notices the same red-haired boy of the Kazekage named Gaara glaring at his father who was welcomed by the Hokage with his bodyguards.

Something him makes her uneasy; his declaration of last day about killing them all and his determined look. It gives her a gut feeling like a bad omen.

"Welcome all and our deepest thanks for coming here for the village hidden in the leaves for the Chunin selection. We have come to the ultimate competition between the eight candidates who made it through the preliminary. Please watch until the end. Now everyone, enjoy." Hokage announces in his powerful voice, welcoming everyone for that occasion.

Naruto, Sakura and Ino are worried for Sasuke whom they never got permission to interact with.

"Something could have happened to him." Sakura started getting anxious about her teammate, remembering how Orochimaaru attacked Sasuke during the forest of death.

Nayuri isn't that much of a fan of that method of fight till the opponent dead method at all.

She finds it no different from heathens and animals fighting each other.

Yet she never openly says that because she knows rules are a must, especially for becoming a true Shinobi.

She had seen deaths enough, and she saw once the Chunin exam that held in the village hidden in the mist which was the most brutal among them.

She heard the story of a boy named Zabuza who killed every one of his opponents for the Genin exam. No wonder the Mist Village was called Bloody Mist.

"So for the first match....Naruto Uzumaki. And Neji Hyuga. Those two can stay and rest of you goes to the waiting area." Genma announces, gaining Nayuri's attention.