C H A P T E R 14 🥀

"Why are you over here alone dear?"

The Hokage's say retorted the blonde-haired girl from the memories she had been visioning ever since she came to the KIA stone in the morning. Nayuri was long past from that reckless girl who always made everyone around her gain their happiness. Her jade eyes she got from her father which once always sparkled were no longer shined; now it's surrounded by dark circles and her soul was already dead. Everyone almost forgot that Nayuri had a dimple on one side of her cheek that deepened when she smiles since she stopped smiling over again. "Lord Hokage. I was just... bringing flowers to Dad."

Hokage heaved a sigh. "I know that it's not just Dan here. You lost so many of them don't you. Obito, Megumi, Rin, Kureno, Minato, Kushina and now Inori."

It was true. Nayuri had been attending funerals even when she was just in her mother's womb. "It's inevitable, their deaths. I respect their decision to sacrifice their life for the village. But Aunt Inori.... She doesn't deserve it, nor did Kaito. I can't look at him you know. He was a bright child. Seeing him all gloomy even after one year pains me a lot. If only my mom or anyone cured her disease..... they were all so helpless." Nayuri's sobs broke, covering her mouth to stifle her cries.

Nayuri was supposed to be that girl who was bright and serious. She loved to start missions and lead them but after Obito's and later Megumi's death she had lost that part. She just wanted to shut herself from everything and everyone.

Unexpected ruffling in her hair stopped her cries in a sudden. "I never had seen you ever bursting out of emotions. It was really hard for you wasn't it? I knew that somewhere inside you has a lonely girl who wants someone to cry on. You think you are way past to show genuine emotions. But let me tell you Nayuri. There is no restriction for expressing your feelings. You may be in your mid-forties or in your twenties but that doesn't matter at all. Because that is the part that makes a person a human."

-Back to the present-

Nayuri wears her usual black dress with a simple jacket over it she wears for funerals. It's ironic how she has a funeral attire on her wardrobe and she is sure that every one of her age has the same.

Placing the flower in Hokage's coffin brings back a lot of memories for her. How she first met him when she was four with her uncle, how he told her the stories of her ancestors after realizing she got wood release, how she created the first flower by her own and gave him as a gift, how he consoled her after witnessing so many tragedies in the previous war and how he changed her attitude of blaming herself for everything.

And Nayuri is sure that everyone gathered here have a story of their own with the Hokage.

Nayuri sees Naruto putting the flower and his blue eyes looked so confused and hurt. Seeing the boy makes her remember the day she placed three flowers for her sensei Minato, big sister Kushina and Uncle Kureno. She saw how Iruka consoled Konohamaru and parallels it with when she was in the same place as hers years ago.