C H A P T E R 12 🥀

The sound of explosion makes everyone's attention go there near where Hokage has been sitting with the Kazekage.

"LORD HOKAGE!!!" Guy yells at the scene. But before he and Kakashi move there the members of Anbu Black Ops rush towards the scene. "Leave it to me."

Both of the Jounins look at where the explosion happened, but the coast isn't clear; everything filled with smoke making them unable to decipher what is happening to the Hokage. They hear some cries in pain and yelling.

Then in sudden four purple rays rise to the sky creating something like a cube. "It's a barrier ninjutsu, huh?" Guy asks.

"To think that they could outwit the Anbu black ops.." Kakashi sighs. "And the Anbu is supposed to be the best."

They run to the frontline but get stop by a masked Anbu. "What are you doing here? Lord Hokage is in danger!" Guy screams at the man.

The Anbu member doesn't say any word and performs several hand signs. Suddenly the disguised Sound Ninjas who were acting as innocent civilians trapped in the Genjutsu rush to the Anbu's side.

"What a nuisance..." Kakashi says in frustration.

"To think that the enemy was masquerading as our Anbu." Guy replies realizing the enemy's plans. "So you were using the Genjutsu."

"Yeah there is no mistake." Kakashi replies in confidence. He watches how the Sand siblings came in rescue for Gaara and their teacher scolding them. It is clear as a day that the sand village betrayed the Leaf; the verdict on them broke off just like he predicted once. He notices Sasuke fleeing after Gaara and Genma defending him with his kunais.

Watching the increased number of the infiltrated Sand ninjas to the village, Kakashi states. "There are quite a lot of them, huh?"

"We were careless. Even lord Hokage has been... Hey Kakashi look at the barrier." Guy instructs, looking at the now cleared barrier.

"Huh? Orochimaaru?"

"Orochimaaru? Don't tell me he is after Sasuke again." Sakura panics remembering the terrific memory where she and other two had to fight with Orochimaaru in the forest of the death. "Hey Sasuke..." Sakura stops saying, seeing Sasuke nowhere near the sight. "What? He is gone?"

But as Sakura's attention deviates for some time worrying of Sasuke, she doesn't notice two Rogues jumping at her to attack. But before they can do anything, Kakashi slices the two of them in an instant. "Sakura. Stay there for a while. I am gonna reduce the number of the enemies."

Reinforcements arrive later and Kakashi and Guy fight the rogues while the hooded man who deceived as Anbu remains in the place quiet. "Darn! I am worried about Lord Hokage, but...." Guy worries.

"Leave above to the Anbu Black Ops. We have enough to handle here. Besides Lord Hokage isn't the guy who can be taken down that easily." Kakashi cautions.

"Yeah but..."

"After all He is the Hokage."

Handling the rest of the enemies Kakashi moves to Sakura who has been hiding terrified. "Sakura. It was worth teaching you Genjutsu survival training. You truly have a talent for it. Release the Genjutsu and wake up Naruto and Shikamaaru. Naruto will be delighted after getting a mission after such a long while."

"What kind of mission?"

"You have to be careful on this one. It's the first A rank assignment since the land of the waves." Kakashi sighs. "Now where the hell is that Woman?"

"To think I'd be able to fight you again..." Orochimaaru, who was disguising as the Kazekage smirks at his Sensei inside the barrier.

Sarutobi on the same time watches all the movements of his old student. He realizes that nothing about Orochimaaru changes at all after all those years after betraying the village when Minato was selected as the Hokage winning against Orochimaaru.