chapter 19 || underhanded

"could you answer one small question for me, gabe?" ana put her hands on the table and leaned lower to stare down at him. "how come every time we give you a piece of intel for a mission, it just so happens that talon seems to be prepared for it every time? but when we specifically withhold information from you, it seems like talon doesn't account for that, either?"

"maybe you're just really bad at organizing missions and talon can predict our moves." gabe phrased his answer as a factual statement and not a question.

"do not play dumb with me," ana warned him, her eyes narrowing. she brought her hand dangerously close to his face in order to point at him. "i want clear answers from you. if you're not willing to cooperate, i'll make quick work of you—right here and right now. alright?"

"ana," jack cautioned from behind her.

"i'm sorry ana, but i really don't know what you're talking about. if talon's always ready for us, then why can't we consider changing strategies? do you have to jump to the conclusion of me being a traitor just because your little operation isn't working out? i'm not the problem here."

"everything you know, they seem to know as well. everything you don't know, they don't know either. why is that?"

"were you not listening to me?" gabe scoffed at her.

ana took a deep breath and lowered her tone. "i'm going to make this simple. i want a yes or no answer from you on this: do you have connections with talon? if you don't say either of those and make up some stupid story on the spot, i will make things messy."

"i'm telling you ana, i honestly have no idea what you're referring to. what makes you so sure pointing fingers like this?" he deadpanned.

"fine." she said in defeat. however, an idea finally struck. "if you don't know anything, we'll just ask the other blackwatch agents. jack, stay here with gabriel. i'll be back." she slammed the door as she stomped her way out of the office, completely fumed with irritation.

now it was just jack and gabriel.

"just stay here gabe, we'll get this over with once she comes back."

gabriel was quite unhappy hearing he had to stay cooped up in his office all alone with his lifelong friend. he had other plans instead of sitting and doing nothing all day. much more plans.

...

"awake already?"

"i just like watching you sleep. it's cute."

cole and genji finally got out of their nap after cuddling with each other which seemed to go on for hours.

"your hair is an absolute mess!" cassidy laughed, messing with genji's hair making it excessively worse. "well now you're making it worse!" genji responded giggling. he grabbed a nearby pillow from the couch and threw it directly at cassidy's face. "that's what you get for ruining my precious hairline."

"oh, now you're getting worked up? you'll be regretting all your decisions once you mess with me." cassidy immediately pinned genji down to his liking, making sure he wouldn't squirm away from his grasp.

"ohhh, i'm so scared," genji replied with an amused manner, rolling his eyes. he looked up at the ceiling for a split second and before he could come back to his senses, cassidy began to tickle him as a surprise attack.

"COLE, HELP MEEE!! AHHHH—"

"no one's saving you now!" cassidy chuckled, leaning in closer to finally kiss genji on the lips. genji cupped his hands on cassidy's cheeks, making him have to lean down to continue kissing him.