𝐢𝐢. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭.

Chapter 2
" It's so sweet, knowing that you love me. "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Charlotte Carver was now in Ms, Kelly's office with her head down playing with the ends of her cheerleading skirt with a straight face, avoiding the noises around her. "Charlotte." Ms, Kelly said to snap Charlotte out of her daze. "Oh, sorry." Charlotte said now focusing on the adult in front of her.

"It's okay Charlotte." Ms, Kelly said reassuring Charlotte who just nodded silently. It was quiet for a few seconds until Ms, Kelly started talking.

"So, how have you been holding up. Do you still have the usual stuff like headaches, nightmares, feeling guilty-" Ms, Kelly got cut off by Charlotte.

"No." Charlotte said avoiding eye contact with Ms, Kelly. Charlotte knew exactly what Ms, Kelly was talking about feeling guilty. She obviously meant about the car accident.

"Okay, so then why did you leave the pep rally so early?" Ms, Kelly asked curious or just trying to get something out of her.

Charlotte swallowed a lump in her throat before speaking. "I don't want to talk about it." Charlotte said quietly while looking down. "Well, Charlotte, you know you can tell the truth. I mean if you don't want to talk about it, but if it had something to do with your brothers speech-" Ms, Kelly got cut off again.

"I said, I don't want to talk about it." Charlotte said getting frustrated with Ms,Kelly. Charlotte knew she shouldn't have came to Ms, Kelly's office, she knew that Ms, Kelly would just want to get the truth out of Charlotte and that's not what she wanted.

"I should go." Charlotte said while grabbing her dark green backpack while putting it over her shoulder as she left Ms, Kelly's office.

As she got to the hallway, she accidentally bumped into someone, she turned her head in panic as she was so quick to apologize.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I should've watched where I was going-" Charlotte cut herself off as she finally got a good look at who it was. It was Max Mayfield.

"Oh, hi Max." Charlotte said with a smile while trying not to blush at the close contact. "Hi Charlotte, I saw you run out after the pep rally, are you ok?" Max said putting a hand on her shoulder while speaking in a soft tone.

"No, not really. I mean, things could've been different, but it's whatever I'm not too worried about it." Charlotte said looking down trying to avoid the fact that she was lying to herself and she obviously knew that Max wasn't going to by it.