chapter seven: nicholes party

warning: slight smut

Izzy's pov:

      Everyone was sitting around the table enjoying Belly's birthday dinner. I looked around the table seeing everyone smiling and engaged in their own conversations. I looked to my left at my sister and cam smiling at each other. I was happy she found someone. Jeremiah looked across at me and gave me a small smile before turning his attention to Cam, "So cam, you mind if I call you Cam Cameron?" He laughed. I chuckled at the name, recalling Belly telling me about how the nick name came to be. Cam looked up from his plate and laughed, "Yeah, man. Feel free, that's funny", He went back to his food as Jer just responded with a simple "cool". Susannah then spoke up to release the awkward tension, "I know you mom, Denise, from the club. I have heard a lot about you" She joked. "Thank you so much, for having me Susannah." Cam nodded before continuing, "my mom says hi" he finished. My mother started to pass cam some soup, "Belly told me your a vegetarian, so I didn't put any meat in it" Laurel smiled. "Your vegetarian?" I questioned before adding, "That's cool" I smiled, cam looked up at me, "Yeah thanks" He smiled. Jeremiah decided to speak up and call him out once again, "Why don't you eat meat Cam Cameron?" I kicked his leg from under the table, trying to get him to stop. He only shot me a small confused look and waited for Cam to respond. "Um, the meat industry, is, like, the number one contributor to global warming, and I just like animals." He said looking back down at his plate. Taylor then made a joke, "Just don't come for my leather jacket" She laughed. I chuckled at the joke, it was kind of funny. Steven fired back at her, "I'm pretty sure you mean pleather" which resulted in Taylor shooting him a bird. Jeremiah still felt like he wasn't done with Cam just yet, "Belly isn't vegetarian? So you let her kiss you with those lips?" He laughed looking to Belly. I rolled my eyes at Jer, the boys were always protective over Belly, her being the youngest and all, so was I, but this was ridiculous. Belly then covered her face in embarrassment, "guys stop" she sighed. Cameron then explained to Jeremiah that he didn't judge people for eating meat. Jeremiah still wasn't done. "You don't care if her dead animal lips touch your lips" he joked, but It resulted me kicking him under the table harder this time. "Ow" he said as he sent me a glare, which only caused Cam and Belly to laugh. Cam then turned to Belly and placed a kiss on her lips. I smiled at the two, they were cute. Jer and Steven then began to make gagging noises as Conrad and I made eye contact for the first time since this afternoon, and we laughed. The rest of dinner was everyone reminiscing and telling cam stories, Belly then agreed to go to Nichole's party, which resulted in Taylor and I sharing a high five.

We all got up from our spots at the table to get ready, but I was stopped by Susannah calling my name, "Izzy could I talk to you in the kitchen for a sec?" She smiled as she began to stand up from her spot at the table. I returned the smile, "of course" I followed Susannah into the kitchen. I hopped up on the counter while Susannah hoped on the one across from me. Susannah sighed before she began to speak, "Izzy I was thinking that maybe you could be a deb with Billy?" She questioned with a small smile. A deb? It wasn't really my thing, but before I could decline her offer I looked to her and realized why she wanted me to do it. I put a smile back on my face, "of course Susannah" I smiled. She sighed in relief and we both hopped down from our places on the counter and embraced each other in a hug. I wasn't going to let her down, I wanted her summer to be special to.

I headed up stairs to find Belly and Taylor getting ready. I had on my white sundress still, and I thought that would be okay. I slipped on my Birkenstocks and made my way over to the vanity to do some light make up. Taylor and Belly decided to wear their flower crowns from dinner. I didn't want to intrude so I didn't wear mine. We all made our way downstairs and pilled into the car. We were taking the smaller car so when it was my turn to get in there was no room. I sighed as I looked in the car, "Where am I supposed to sit?" I questioned to Conrad as he laughed at the situation, Jeremiah cut in and spoke, "Just sit on my lap Iz, it's not a long trip?" Jer patted his lap. I blushed as I climbed into the car, Jeremiah wrapped his arms around my waist and leaded his chin on my shoulder from behind. I blushed at the closeness and tried to take my focus out the window, I then heard a scoff come from the front seat.