chapter ten: fourth of july chaos part 2

Izzy's pov:

Mr. Fisher and I finished playing football about an hour ago and I was now in my royal blue bikini, in the pool, sipping on my margarita. Conrad was making his way up from the beach, he had something all over his chest, although I couldn't tell from here. He looked heavenly, I must have been staring to long because he noticed, and he sent me a cocky smirk. I rolled my eyes and made my way out of the pool over to him. Although I did not give my legs permission to do so. Conrad continued his journey to the side of the house, I was shortly following behind him.

I heard the water from the shower running, so I stopped to see Conrad cleaning off the sand on his chest. I leaned on the side of the shower, "Your really pretty" I sighed as I looked at him. Conrad turned around with a small smile, "I'm pretty?" He laughed, I made my way over to him and got under the shower water as well to rinse the chlorine out of my hair, "You heard me"

Conrad's pov:

"Im pretty?", I laughed. She made her way over to me and got under the water to rinse her hair, "You heard me". I shook my head and smiled at her. I was struggling to get the sand off of my back, I couldn't reach it. "Here turn around" Izzy laughed as she started to help get the sand off of my back. I relaxed at the touch of her soft hands on my bare back. Her touch alone made me feel everything at once. I turned around to see her looking up at me. I reached my hand up and cupped her face. Izzy started to lift onto her toes due to our height differences. I decided to help her close the gap between us. I softly placed my lips on hers, and brought my hands at a respectful place onto her back. Our lips molded perfectly together as our tongues fought for dominance. She reached her arms around my neck and brought me closer to her, no gaps between us. I craved her, every curve on her body, her lips, her smile, the way she held me. I knew I was selfish to kiss her. I didn't deserve her, and I know I will never deserve her.

Izzy's pov:

It was like fireworks were going off. Conrad held me closer with his arms wrapped around his back while he kissed me softly. This kiss was different then ones I had shared with other people, this kiss was genuine. I was the first to pull away with a smile, his matching mine. My smile quickly turned into a frown remembering about my night with Jeremiah a few weeks ago. I needed to tell Conrad, but this wasn't the time. Before Conrad could notice my frown Belly came around the corner with two margaritas in hand. Conrad and I quickly released each other from our embrace and we awkwardly smiled at Bels. Belly tried to hide her laugh as she started to speak, "well I was going to see if you two would like a margarita, but It seems to me you two are occupied." My cheeks flushed red as I tried to hide my embarrassment, "Maybe another time Belly" I sighed as I gave her the look to go. She quickly understood as she tried to wink at me but failed. Belly walked away and Conrad looked down at me with a frown, "This was a mistake" he sighed backing up a few steps. I looked at him with hurt eyes, but the more I thought about it maybe it was. "Yeah, maybe" I agreed holding back the tears that threatened to fall. "Look Iz I'm sorry I'm kinda still with Nichole, and-" but before Conrad could finish I cut him off, "I understand, Jer and I slept together." I said looking up to see his face. He looked hurt, but so was I. "Do you like Jer?" Conrad asked as he ran a hand through this hair and crossed his arms over his chest, "Yeah, but I also know I feel something for you as well" I said as a tear rolled down my cheek. Conrad wiped my tear away, "I know, and I feel something for you two, but we both know it wouldn't work." Conrad started to tear up. I looked up at him as I started to back away, "Yeah" I choked out as I turned away and ran back into the house.

        I ran into the house, through the dining room to avoid everyone in the kitchen. I didn't want to ruin anyone else's Fourth of July especially Susannah's. I ran upstairs to shower, and hopefully take a short nap. I just needed a break, away from everyone, and the drama. My head hurt from all of the margaritas I had consumed in the past few hours. I needed a nap.

      I had woke up from my nap to see a glass of water and a slice of pizza on my desk. I went over to grab the pizza when I saw a note.

Love you kiddo, had to leave, Vic and I decided to stay in the hotel. Love you lots

-dad

        I smiled and decided I would send him a text later and thank him. I ate a few bites of the pizza and drank some water.

         I changed into a simple blue crop top and some of Stevens sweatpants I had taken from him, but he doesn't need to know that. I made my way down the stairs but stopped when I was Jeremiah and Mr. Fisher talking

     "It's Fourth of July weekend" Jeremiah smiled trying to convince his dad to stay. "Yeah the Brit's don't really consider our independence a holiday" Adam Fisher laughed trying to make the situation better, but Jer just frowned, "I thought you were going to teach me some curl routes?" The blonde questioned loosing hope in trying to get his dad to stay. Adam Frowned, "Promise after I close this deal," Jeremiah knew better than to believe his promises, "And we got to talk varsity football next year," Mr. Fisher finished with hopes that his youngest son would play football since his oldest quit. Jeremiah scoffed, "Oh, I'm not that good dad," he paused before continuing "Im not Conrad" Jer frowned. Adam still couldn't see the hurt on his sons face. "Your faster than he ever was," Mr. Fisher joked before continuing, "All right love you son" he smiled heading for the door, Jeremiah sighed "I love you to dad" and with that he was gone.

     I made my way down the stairs, "Jer" I said with a frown on my face. It hurt to see the blonde so upset. He turned to me and I saw a tear run down his cheek, "Iz why couldn't he just stay" he sighed trying to hold back his tears. I walked over to him and put my arms around him and held him. Jeremiah pulled me closer to my waist, he held me like he never wanted to let me go. I pulled back with a small smile, "hey why don't you show me some fireworks?" I laughed as I held his face in my hands. Jeremiah smiled and nodded his head, "Yeah, Yeah let's go" he said and took my hand and led us down to the beach.

    We got onto the beach and we're now watching the fireworks in the sand. I laid onto Jeremiah with his front on my back, his arms around my waste, and mine over his arms. I hadn't thought about Conrad and our dispute from earlier. Maybe the right fisher brother was right here with me, watching fireworks. Jeremiah pulled me closer to him. "They are beautiful Jer" I sighed as I looked up into the night sky at the firework show he had worked so hard for, I looked up at Jeremiah to see him looking down at me, "breathtaking" he sighed as he continued to look at me, Jer leaned down and hovered his lips over mine, I hesitated for a moment thinking about Conrad, It only lasted for a moment before I pushed it away, remembering what he said

"We both know it could never work"

I closed the gap between Jeremiah and I, and felt his soft lips on mine. Maybe he was the right choice, the safe choice, but I knew my heart was still in the hands of Conrad Fisher.