11.THE AFTERMATH-Neil's Adoption Track[3.7]

Akshara was sitting in her cabin thinking about the happenings of the past few days;it has been 5 days since her indifference,since she and Abhimanyu had last shared a talk.She would wake up early in the morning,sometimes getting ready in the guestroom if he was awake.While Abhimanyu would pretend sleeping and silently watch her getting ready.Then she would help Manjiri in preparing breakfast while she herself would go without having it,just grabbing an apple or a sandwich while going.After her therapy sessions at the hospital she would go to the nearby orphanage singing and playing with those innocent souls; feeling their loss and connecting to their pain; sometimes with Neil accompanying her as he was the only Birla with whom she used to talk.Then she would visit her mother's dance academy soaking in her mother's presence and warmth and sharing the day's happenings with her.She would reach home late, almost at dinner time.Since the elder Birlas were still following the routine of having the dinner in their rooms she would also have it in their room,either alone or sometimes with Abhimanyu if he was at home.At night she would sleep turning her back against Abhimanyu while he would wish her good night and mutter' I love you' and she would just turn off the lights as her reply;letting darkness engulf them,their pain;their relation.She knew that avoiding him was doing nothing good to their relationship and that eventually they had to talk it out.But she needed time,time to heal her wounds,her broken heart.

She looked at the bouquet of roses lying on her cabin's shelf.There were a bunch of them.Ever since her truth has been out Manjiri and Abhimanyu have made sincere efforts to seek her apology.Everyday at the hospital she would receive a bouquet of roses along with a sorry card from Abhimanyu.As she had stopped talking to him and constantly ignored his messages he had come up with this new way of communicating through sticky notes.They were plenty of them; filled with morning wishes,him wishing her a good day at the hospital,asking her to have proper meals,informing her about his late arrival or his love messages along with their Abhira heart.All those notes were kept neatly in her cabin's drawer as she didn't have the heart to throw them away.While Manjiri tried her best to have a proper conversation with her asking about her day,sending her tiffin at lunch hour with her favourite dishes despite her repeated denial. She found herself melting at their gestures but still there was something that stopped her from taking a step towards them.

On the other side,at the Birla hospital Abhimanyu was having similar thoughts,he missed his wife,her voice messages, their video calls.He was extremely guilty and angry upon himself for hurting and misunderstanding his dear wife.The only thought that relieved him was that Aarohi was out of their lives,atleast for a few years. Yes,2 days back he had come to know that Aarohi was the actual culprit behind the entire fiasco.He terminated her from the hospital giving her two options first that she should leave Udaipur or second that he would get her medical license cancelled.He knew revealing the truth to Goenka's wasn't worth it as they would eventually forgive her and she would again begin with her manipulations and blame games.So it was better to send her away.He knew she would never risk her career and as predicted she went with the first option and left to Mumbai to pursue her internship there reasoning to the family that it had more opportunities for growth .Both Aarohi and Abhimanyu had wronged Akshara and were now getting the taste of their own medicine.

Later that day,Abhimanyu came home past midnight;he had back to back surgeries that day and felt exhausted.He frowned seeing their room's light on.As he opened the door he saw his wife sitting on her side of the bed reading her mother's diary.In order to avoid him she would usually sleep by 9 but here she was awake this late;waiting for him to return home.He smiled at her concern,despite their differences and his behaviour her love and care for him remained the same.

Dinner kiya she asked without lifting her eyes from the diary.

Haan.... tumne he asked while she just nodded her head in response