Chapter 1: The unwelcome visitor

Hey guys! Thanks so much for checking this story out! It means a lot to me!! Some of this story is based on events that have actually happened in my life but it's mostly from my own crazy mind. I'm excited to get to know you guys, so please VOTE, COMMENT, and share too if you feel the desire to do so! It would mean the world to me. Alright, I'll shut up now, please let me know what you think of this chapter!

*this story is based on true events, with some details changed to protect the privacy of certain characters*
***********************************

*knock* *knock* *knock*
"I'll get it!" I yelled from the kitchen of my little apartment that I shared with my best friend Kay. There was no response from the living room which meant that her and Josh had probably turned on the TV or they were arguing over what movie we should watch. It was a weekly routine. It was probably just Katie at the door, she didn't usually knock though, maybe she just had her hands full with food.

I got to the door and opened it to find someone very, very unexpected on the other side. He was about '5"7 with very red hair and dark eyes that I remembered too well. They always reminded me of melted dark chocolate. Such a dark brown they were almost black. "Jon?" I whispered, having a hard time believing who I was seeing on my doorstep.
"Callie..." He breathed and his eyes held so much emotion that it was hard for me to breathe. It took a minute for the reality of who was actually on the other side of the door to sink in.

"What the actual fuck are you doing here?" The shock had worn off quickly, and now the anger and hurt were coursing through me all over again just like they had six years ago when he left me. He looked surprised at my choice of words for a second but recovered quickly.

"I.." It took him a few seconds to finish what he was trying to say, like he was trying to find the right words. He swallowed nervously and then continued, "I came to apologize."

"You came to apologize?" I asked incredulous, "you think now is the time to apologize?" I couldn't believe this. This was beyond my comprehension. Did he think I was stupid? "You come to apologize after six years of no contact? Are you stupid? What did you think was going to happen? That I was going to run back into your arms after all this time only to get my heart broken again? I can't even believe you right now!" Now I was pissed off! You don't mess with my heart and then walk away without any kind of contact and show up six years later with an apology hoping for the best. That's when Trent decided to call from the kitchen.

"Bitch, hurry up and let Katie in! I need you to help me with this punch! I don't know where you hide the alcohol!"

"It's not Katie!" I called back.

"Well who is it?"

"An old friend of mine from high school." I responded with some irritation. A few seconds later Trent poked his head out of the kitchen and into the entryway to see me standing with my arms crossed glaring at Jon. Trent stepped into the entryway next to me and eyed Jon with suspicion.

"I see we have an unexpected guest."

"More like unwelcome" I mumbled back. Trent looked at me with a question in his eyes. "Jonathan, Trent, Trent, Jonathan" I made the introductions quickly, and when I said Jon's name, realization dawned in Trent's eyes. They shook hands with a little more force then necessary. I could actually see their white knuckles as they gripped each other's hands.

"I've heard about you. You're the ex boyfriend, aren't you?"

"Trent!"

"No, it's alright Callie, yeah I am. Who are you?" Jon replied without looking at me.

"I'm the current boyfriend, and you're not welcome in our house." Trent wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me flush against his side.

"Babe, you could be a little nicer..." I scolded him, although what he said wasn't necessarily untrue.

"He broke your heart. No way in hell is he allowed anywhere near you. And he's lucky that we have plans tonight." He said while looking at Jon with a clenched jaw that betrayed just how angry he was.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?" Jon asked, just as angry and I could tell he was deliberately pushing Trent's buttons.

This time Trent looked at me when he replied. "Cuz I'd kill him if we didn't. I don't want to be covered in blood and have to explain to the neighbors what happened." I looked up into his eyes and smiled at the fierce protectiveness in them. Trent was an absolutely gorgeous guy. He was about six feet tall with blond hair that fell across his bright spring green eyes and a soccer build. I looked at Jon and saw the hurt in his eyes as he looked at me.

"What happened to forever?" Jon asked quietly.

"You walked away with it and my shattered heart six years ago." I answered. He looked crushed as the words left my mouth. Maybe he'd feel a little bit of the pain that I felt for too long after he left. "I think it's time for you to go now." I whispered, and he gave a small nod and backed up so I could shut the door, which I did.

Trent wrapped me in his arms "I'm so sorry Callie, I know it must have been hard to see him after all this time." I buried my head into his chest and inhaled the comforting scent of his cologne.

"He actually had the nerve to show up on my doorstep after all this time to apologize! He wanted to apologize!"

"I know vixen, I know." He called me by my special nickname and I giggled.

"That's an old nickname! You haven't called me that since high school! Thank you by the way."

"For what?"

"For stepping in like you did. You handled it way better than I would've."

He laughed and poked my nose, "that's what best friends are for! Now would you please show me where the alcohol is?" I laughed and he pulled me toward the kitchen so I could show him where to find what he wanted. He was my best friend and I couldn't believe that he'd pretend to be my boyfriend to get rid of my ex for me. That took a real friend!
***********************************
Alright guys! What did you think? It's probably short but it's just a starter chapter... Please, please, please, comment and vote!! It would make my day! Thanks!

~Vixen