Chapter 6: The Coffee Shop

Mel and I made our way to our favorite little coffee shop where we both ordered our coffees. Mel ordered a Caramel Macchiato and I ordered a vanilla mocha. I paid for both since I owed her one for dropping the subject of William's offer. She didn't mention it again, but I knew if she ever found out about me turning down another date she wouldn't let me avoid it again. I'd have to tell her the truth eventually.

"Alright, so what's your idea of a perfect date? That way when some guy asks me what to do for you I know what to tell him." Mel asked with a wink as we sat down in our favorite booth by the front window of the cafe. I laughed and thought about it for a second.

"My perfect date would be.. Gosh, I don't know.. Probably watching a movie at a cute little drive in theater and pigging out on snacks in his car."

"Aww! That's cute actually! I wasn't sure you were going to have a decent answer, since you never date." Mel replied with a sly look.

"You're still asking me to tell you, and I already bought you coffee!"

"Fine. I'll get the next ones if you would please tell me what's up. We can't fix the problem if you won't even tell me that there is one!"

"Simple, there's not a problem." She sighed and a hurt look came across her face.

"Why don't you trust me?"

"I do trust you!" Now she wasn't playing fair!

"Then why won't you let me help you?" She whispered.

I was about to explain to her how it wasn't something that she cold help with when the pleasant little ringing of the door opening again interrupted me. I glanced at the opening door and in that moment my life changed again. The whole reason that I refused to date again came walking right through the door of the cafe. First he shows up at my house and then he just happens to come to the exact same coffee shop as me?!

"Shit! Oh my God! Is he following me? How the hell does he know where to find me?"

"What? Who the hell are you talking about? What's going on Callie?" Mel had a confused look on her face as she questioned me.

She followed my gaze to the red head standing at the counter now ordering his coffee, probably something with caramel, like always. "Who's that...?" She watched him with interest as he turned around and scanned the room while waiting for his drink to be finished. I quickly ducked under the table as his gaze drifted to our table. She peeked at me where I was hiding and asked "Callie.. what's the story here? There's obviously something that you're not telling me..". She gave me a sly look as I panicked under the table.

"I promise that I will tell you everything, but please Mel, please don't talk to him. I will tell you anything you could want to know, just please... If you love me at all then you won't draw attention to yourself or me." She giggled and sat back up at the table, and I breathed a heavy sigh of relief. That is, until i heard Mel's voice from above me and I tensed up all over again.

"Hey Ginger! Come over here! I've got some questions for you." His head snapped to her in surprise as he grabbed his freshly brewed cup of coffee from the barista. "Yeah, you! I think we have a mutual friend." I groaned from my position under the table and hit Mel's shins in revenge for her words. The red head made his way over to our table and addressed Mel.

"Can I help you?" He looked at her curiously.

"Do you know a pretty brunette named Callie by any chance?"

I could hear the breath leave his body in pure shock. "How do you know that name? Do you know her? How is she? I saw her, but i didn't get to really talk to her. Are you two close? How did you know who I was?"

"Wow... Slow down Romeo, one question at a time!" Mel responded with a laugh.

"Ok, first one, are you with someone?" he asked her pointedly.

"Ok... I thought you were into Callie, but no, I'm not currently seeing anyone.." Mel answered hesitantly.

"No! Not what i meant! I meant, are you having coffee with someone? There's an extra cup here..." he said while gesturing to my still full coffee cup on the table.

"Oh! That... well.. umm... no? Ouch!" I rapped her hard across the shins again. "I mean, no there's definitely only me here, just me, myself, and I. Only us. Yup, Just me and my lonesome self. I can promise you that my best friend isn't hiding under the table or anything crazy like that." 

"Really? So it's not a problem for me to take a quick glance underneath just to double check, then?" He asked as he leaned down to peek under the table. I squeezed my eyes shut and shoved myself as far behind Mel's legs as I could in effort to hide myself from his view. Unfortunately he totally saw me. "Callie? No way! I had no idea that you were hiding under here! How strange! Why don't you come sit at the table and finish your coffee while we finally talk and I get to know this new friend of yours." He looked at me with a sly smile and then backed up so that I could crawl out from under the table with my face a lovely shade of red from my undignified hiding place. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Thanks for being patient with me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I certainly enjoyed writing it, and I have a ton of ideas for where to take this story too. This break has been good for my inspiration, and very soon I'll have a lot more free time on my hands. Stay tuned for the next chapter!

I've had a ton of stuff going on in life for the last several months that prevented my writing. The good news is that I now have access to a beautiful computer that I have total freedom to use as often as I like (Thanks to my wonderful man, shout out to him), I'm graduating high school in June, and I'm also getting married in June! Surprise! I'm very soon to be a married woman, which is crazy because we're both so young (I'm 18, and he's only 19) and I'm just finishing up high school, but love is love, isn't it? I can't wait to tell you all about it!! But I'm going to end the chapter here for now and say goodnight my lovelies.

~Vixen