Chapter 12

You get dressed; all your clothes black (he really did not spare even a single shirt). With a bag carrying all your papers in it, you head to the front door, surprised to see Bendy already waiting there for you with a glare - he must still be irked about what you pulled earlier, sneaking off and whatnot.

As you approach him, you get nervous. This will be the first time you guys have done this since the fighting, the voodoo-tattoo, and everything else that went down between the two of you - though making up earlier has undoubtedly made it less awkward than it would have been. Turning your back to him, he melts all over you, perfectly avoiding your luggage and anything that you are not wearing. As you somewhat expected, you start feeling that same sensation you get whenever you come into contact with him, and hold back a shiver, but what you did not expect was him to ruin your undergarments again.

You hiss in irritation, and you flush from embarrassment. Deep in your bones, you get the feeling that this will be a reoccurring theme.

***

"My, you work quickly as always." Judy shifts through the paper. You have already given the papers that Ron and Ivor needed, so the rest (the majority) are all for Judy. The feeling of accomplishment and recognition from your boss makes you feel like it was all the more worth it, but that feeling is mostly produced by the fact that you are now free for a few days.

She opens her mouth to speak again without sparing you a glance as she sorts through you work and some other papers that were already there when you walked in, "Come back in three days at 2 pm."

"Alright," she was always short with words, and uses a mostly monotone and dispassionate voice, which sometimes makes you nervous; however, you are used to it by now. Sometimes it still makes you feel worried about how she sees you, though.

"See you in three days, ____."

"You too." You head out of her office, quietly closing the door behind you. Turning those papers in makes you feel like a weight has been lifted off of your chest. You are just relieved that no one has brought up that case yet. It has been making you feel rather antsy and stressed. Though, you get the feeling that you are going to receive a very unwelcome case file once you return in those three days.

As you start walking towards the door, you are greeted by Angela from around the corner, "Oh, hey _____." She looks to you with her baby blue eyes that have just slightly visible bags under them. She usually has those though, and often blames it on her Italian heritage.

Angela seems a little worried about something, but other than that she does not seem out of the usual despite the death of your guys' coworker, "Hey Angela." Your nose twitches a bit as you bring your hand up to your face and move some of your hair out of the way and behind your ear, some of the strands of hair having tickled the tip of your nose and provoked an annoyance from you.

"I haven't seen you in a while. Where were you?"

"Binged everything I had to do. You won't see me for another three days."

She smiles, "You're crazy."

"Not as crazy as what happened..." Her face drops a bit and you cringe as realize what you just said. It just slipped out of your mouth.

She sighs with a drab bearing and expression, her demeanor highlighting her baggy eyes, "Yeah, I don't think I'm... meant for a case like that. Even if Judy specifically asked me to work on it, I think I would hand in my resignation letters..."

Your lips open ever so slightly and you stare at her with a somewhat surprised expression hanging off of your face. You would never had expected her to say something like that, or talk about resigning. "...Really?"