Chapter 1: Family Video Store

Me and Robin were at work. I'm organizing the movies on the shelves while Robin sits on the counter watching me. "No no no. Princess Bride goes before E.T." she said pointing to the shelf I was working at.  "Don't tell me how to do my job. E.T. was a great movie and deserves to be before Princess Bride" I argued. "Steve. Oh, dumb and innocent Steve" she said as she walked over to the shelf. "Princess Bride was an awesome movie, so it deserves a higher place of honor than E.T." she combated. "Now don't get me wrong, E.T. is an awesome movie, but not as awesome as Princess Bride," Robin said. "Can you stop saying awesome? you said it too many times for it to be a sentence" I laughed. Robin rolled her eyes and walked away. I decided to leave Princess Bride where it was and head over to the counter.

 "I think we're getting a new employee today," Robin said as she went behind the counter. "Yeah, I heard. Probably some dumb freshman that just wants money" I said leaning against the counter. "I wouldn't be surprised," Robin said before ducking under the counter for something.

 The bell above the door rang as the door opened. Eddie Munson walked through the door and looked at me. Robin popped up to see who it was. "What do you want Eddie?" I asked. "No need to use an attitude with me, Harrington," Eddie said putting his hand on his chest. I rolled my eyes. "What video do you want?" I asked. "Well I think I'll be one the one asking that question," Eddie said. "What do you mean?" Robin asked. "I work here now," Eddie said with a big smile. I froze for a second. Eddie couldn't work here. "Congrats!" Robin said from behind the counter.  I nodded. "Come to the back with me. I'll get you your vest" I said as I began to walk to the back of the store. 

  "I may be wrong but you don't seem too excited to see me, Harrington," Eddie said as I rummaged through the boxes in the back of the store. "No no I am. Just surprised I guess" I said as I pulled out a vest. "Yeah sure. What exactly do I do here? I didn't really look over that part in the job application" he said. "Well Robin runs the counter, I usually organize and put up the videos. I could probably use some help with that." I said. " I truly cannot tell whether you want me here or not. I mean when I walked in you looked annoyed and now you want me to work with you. You're giving me very mixed signals." he said leaning against the wall. I tossed him his vest. "Look don't do any of that weird shit you do. Just put videos on the shelf" I said holding the door open for him. " Why thank you," he said while walking through the door. 

 Once he got to the counter I gave him a box of videos and told him to put them up. "Do you not like Eddie?" Robin whispered. "No, it's just that Eddie might do some dumb shit and get us fired," I whispered back. Robin nodded. "Have a little faith. Maybe he'll become like a good friend or something" Robin said. "I doubt it" I muttered. 

 "Hey, am I putting these in the right order?" Eddie called from the shelves. I sighed and walked over. I grabbed a video from his hand and put it on the shelf. "It goes my alphabetical order unless the movie is popular then you put it closer up," I said as put a video on the shelf. Eddie nodded and continued putting them up.

 "How much longer till we're out?" I groaned. "Like thirty minutes. You'll make it" Robin said unempathetically. 

(small time skip)

 I locked the doors to the Family Video shop and was about to head to Robin who was yelling at me to hurry up from my car. Someone grabbed my shoulder and I turned around to see Eddie. "Are you doing anything later?" he asked. I sighed. "I have to run a few errands" I explained. Eddie nodded and almost seemed disappointed. "What kind of errands are you doing?" he pushed. Why was he asking so many questions? "I have to meet with Dustin and Max," I said a bit suspicious now. "Oh cool. can I join you?" he asked. Shit if I said no id seem like a complete douche because him and Dustin are friends. "Yeah sure. get in the back" I sighed. Eddie immediately perked up and got in the back seat of the car.