Chapter 8: "What are we?"

⚠️TW⚠️ F SLUR

 I woke up groggy having had bad sleep the night before since I slept sitting up. I looked down but Eddie wasn't there. I got up and didn't see him around his room. I heard a yell come from outside the room the something was smashed. 

 "Who the hell is that in your bed?!" Someone yelled from what I'm guessing was the living room. "He's just a friend I swear!" I heard Eddie yell back. "Then why were you sleeping on him? Friends don't do that! You're not a f_got Edward!" said the deeper voice. I winced at that word. I heard a loud sound and then a painful yell come from Eddie. The door opened and slammed shut. I heard a car start and drive off.

 I ran out and saw Eddie with a black eye and a bit of blood stream down his nose. I stared at him for a second and he tried to smile to make me worry less which didn't work because a few tears began to fall down his face. "Eddie I-" Eddie pulled me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around him as he began to cry into my shoulder. We were alone. It felt like everything had frozen in time and the only thing that mattered was this moment with each other. 

 Eddie pulled away and stared at me. I noticed his noes still had blood coming out of it and that his eye seemed to get more purple. "Eddie, go sit down," I told him. He went and sat down on his couch as I raided his cabinets for a first aid kit which I found. I brought it over to Eddie. I held his face up and began to clean up the blood from his nose. I put a piece of paper towel in his nose to stop the bleeding and I looked up slightly and realized Eddie was staring at me. 

 "Thank you," Eddie said after a second. "Why exactly was he mad?" I asked. Eddie sighed. "He uh he came home and I didn't expect him to come home till later. When he came home he was coming to see if I had left for school yet and he saw me laying in your lap and woke me up and started yelling at me out here" Eddie explained. I felt bad. This was my fault. I should have just gone home after giving Max her food. "I'm so sorry Eddie" I apologized. "It's not your fault," Eddie said touching the bridge of his nose. 

 "I'm guessing we aren't going to school today," Eddie asked as I put the first aid kit away. "Probably shouldn't," I said walking back over to him. "Do you want to Skull Rock?" he asked. I froze for a second. That was the make-out spot. It was in a secluded place out in the woods. It was weird hearing Eddie wanting to go there since what happened around there. "You sure?" I asked. Eddie seemed to notice my confusion. "Not like that. I just don't want to be here" Eddie said looking around the room. "If you're up to it I guess," I said.

(time skip to when they are walking up to skull rock)

 Eddie led the way to Skull Rock as if I didn't know. I had been up here dozens of times. All with different girls but never with a guy. I didn't expect to make out with him again since he was still hurt. 

 Eddie sat down leaning against a rock and let out a long sigh. I went and sat down next to him. Eddie looked over at me and was about to touch my face to kiss me but I stopped him. "Don't be a dumbass," I said grabbing his arm. "Worth a shot" Eddie laughed. We sat there for a second when Eddie placed his hand on my thigh. I tried my best to not react to it but it was a bit hard. Eddie smirked as if he knew that I was internally freaking out.

 "What are we?" Eddie asked breaking the silence. I didn't respond immediately. Eddie moved his hand off of my thigh and shifted to face me waiting for an answer. "What are we?" Eddie asked again. I didn't know what we are. I didn't know if we were quite boyfriends but I wouldn't say we were just "friends" because friends don't make out with each other last I checked. 

 Eddie stared at me as I refused to make eye contact with him. "Steve," he said dead serious this time. "I... I don't know" I said quietly. Eddie shook his head and stood up. "Wait, Eddie-" I said before Eddie cut me off. "Look if this relationship isn't going any farther than a few make-out sessions then I don't want to be a part of it," Eddie said as he began to walk away. I quickly got up and ran after him. "Eddie just wait a second!" I said grabbing his shoulder. "What Harrington? Do you finally want to talk now!" he yelled. I was stunned for a second. He had never raised his voice like that. He shook my hand off his shoulder and left me standing at Skull Rock alone.