10. Choices

Hera didn't know what to do. She wanted to be with Hermes but she didn't want to break Anthony's heart. But one thing was for sure, Hera was completely in love with Hermes and as much as she tried to hide it, she couldn't because she knew she would do anything to protect him from anything. Anthony eventually realized what was going on but he didn't want to confront Hera. He wanted her to say the truth, that she was in love with Hermes instead of him. It had been three days since Hera and Hermes kissed and Hermes couldn't get the image of him and Hera kissing out of his head. He knew it was meant to be but he was leaving by the end of the week and going back to Canada, he wondered if Hera would go with him or stay in Chicago.

Text message :

Hermes - meet me at the tattoo parlor at 12:00

End of the message :

Hera read the message and she was blushing like a teenager, Hera waited until everyone was asleep, then she dressed in all black and snuck out. Hera met Hermes at the tattoo parlor as planned but when she got there it was pitched black except from the light in the basement. She figured he was down there waiting for her.

Hera - Hermes?

As Hera was walking down the stairs and went a few steps past the stairs she realized that Hermes wasn't down there and that she was set up but something felt off. She felt as if it was planned not by Hermes but by someone else. Out of nowhere someone snuck behind and put a rag over her nose causing her to fall asleep. A few hours later, Hera woke up, she was tied to a chair and had a rag in her mouth preventing her from screaming for help. She looked around to see if anyone was there but no one was when she looked beside her, she saw Hermes and he was tied up as well with a rag in his mouth. Hera managed to get the rag out of her mouth and then stood up and took a deep breath then fell hard so the wooden chair could break and she would be free. Hera then got up and tried to wake up Hermes but it looked like he was too beaten up she didn't have time to check on him, she had to untie him and find a way for the both of them to get out. Once Hera untied Hermes she stepped in front of him and she needed him to wake up so she punched his face to wake him up.

Hermes - *wakes up* Where are we?

Hera - *whispers* shh, we've been tricked into coming here, I know a way out

Hermes - *whispers* Where?

Hera - *whispers* you see that broken wood there against the wall?

Hermes - *whispers* yeah

Hera - *whispers* that's a tunnel, it goes through the entire city and it ends at our houses !!!

Hermes - *whispers* what are we waiting for

Hera - *whispers* I need your help pushing the wood off and then putting it back into place

Anthony - I'm not sure if that will work.

Hera and Hermes turn around to the stairs and see Anthony watching them. Hera then stood up.

Hera - Anthony, let us go !!!

Anthony - why? so you could run away together and leave me

Hera - your sick

Anthony then walks up to Hera and takes out his gun.

Hera - what are you gonna do?

Anthony - get on your knees !!! DO IT !!!

Hera got on her knees as Anthony told her. Anthony then pointed the gun at Hera's forehead. Hera then began to have tears and Hermes was frozen; he didn't know what to do.

Anthony - Hera, your mine, you got it

Hera - but I'm not yours *tears roll down her face*

Anthony - you're gonna die today for all the things you've done to me and everyone

Hera looked over to Hermes and whispered "I love you" to him. Within that moment, Hermes realized something, he realized that he couldn't live without Hera and that he would be lost without her being there. He didn't want to imagine a place where Hera wasn't in it but by the time he decided to do something, it was too late.

Gunshot sound :

                                                                                       The End