Gold Winglet: Small Group Discussion (Two)

Gold Winglet:
Blizzard (IceWing), Cactus (SandWing), Bluemoon (NightWing), Dahlia (RainWing), Vaquita (SeaWing), Dawn (SkyWing), Copper (MudWing)
—————
Bluemoon's POV:

I see Dawn spiral down towards to forest floor only to open her wings at the exact right moment. Wow. I dive down towards the forest floor as well trying to do what she did. I'm not a SkyWing, so why do I think I can do this? I don't know.

I fumble in the sky trying to get into a good dive position in the air, not realizing the ground coming fast. I snap my eyes in front of me.

Oh no. I close my eyes and spread my wings, although I don't think I'm fast enough. I get ready for the impact of the hard ground but instead feel nothing.

I open my eyes and see Copper smiling at me. I look down to see him holding me up a few inches from the floor. I breathe. I didn't die.

"Thanks." I manage to say to him. "No problem. After all I am used this whole saving dragons thing." He sets me down on the ground. "You okay?"

I breathe again. "I am now." I can't seem to slow down my pounding heartbeat. Your safe now, calm down. "What did you try to do?"

I look up at him. He seems concerned enough. "I tried to do what Dawn did." He laughs and I narrow my eyes at him. "You do realize she is a SkyWing right?" He says.

"Yes I do. I just thought maybe I'd give it a shot." He seems to be calming down his laughter. "Well okay Blue. Want to you hunting with me?"

Did he just call me Blue? Never heard that nickname before. I nod slowly and he smiles at me again. "Friends?" He asks me. "Friends." I answer him.

"Aw. How cute." Someone says sarcastically. I look around. "RainWing." I mutter. He looks at me and then looks at the spot my eyes landed.

"You caught me." She says and changes color. I see her smirk first. "Dahlia." I say. Dahlia. Not her. Please not her. She narrows her eyes. "Bluemoon."

Copper looks between us and then whispers to me, "We don't like her, right?" We? I look at him and he seems completely serious. I whisper back, "We don't like her."

"Well Dahlia if you would excuse us, we will be hunting." Dahlia looks from me to him. "Don't do anything stupid Bluemoon." I won't.
—————
Vaquita's POV:

"Sit here or fly out of the cave, your choice." Blizzard. "You don't have to be so strict, Blizzard." He looks up at me along with the SkyWing.

"He wasn't." Came a soft almost unhearable voice. Is unhearable even a word? I stare at the SkyWing and she shrinks back into the cave wall.

Blizzard looks at her then me and then sighs. "Vaquita you don't have to stare her down. Maybe you could help her learn to swim sometime?"

She turns pink on her cheeks. "You can't swim?" She looks down at her talons and says, "I . . . no . . . I . . ." "She can't." Blizzard answers for her. "Follow me."

She looks up to him and then follows him to the shallow end of the pool. "You are crazy." He says to her and she looks up to him startled. "But also brave." His voice is soft. "Let me help you."

She nods and says, "Why am I brave?" I jump into the lake, I don't need to here all the mushy stuff. "You jumped even though you couldn't swim." Blizzard, stop.

You don't need friends, you told me that, so then why are you cozying up to her? She smiles and I swim over to her and Blizzard.

"I'll help I guess." Blizzard looks at me and says, "Good." He looks back at her. "Now get into the water and move your arms and legs."

She does at he says, getting into the water. She looks uncomfortable in the water. "What's the matter? Don't you have fire?" I ask.

Blizzard stares at me and she says, "I . . . don't have fire actually. I was hatched fireless." Blizzard's eyes open wide. "I . . . didn't know." He says.

"It's okay. It's just that most dragons don't want to be friends with me because of that." The SkyWing looks down at her talons. "Maybe you will?"

He stares at her and then swims over to her. "I'll be your friend." He reaches out for her arms and shows her how to move them.

I swim over to them, not trusting Blizzard not to do something he'll regret later. He said no friends. He said no close relationships. So what's different about her?

I show her how to move her legs and ask her, "What's your name?" She replies quickly, "Dawn." That's pretty, I guess. "I'll be your friend too, Dawn."

Blizzard's face softens, "The no fire trio." She laughs and says, "I think I'm ready." Blizzards nods and moves out towards the middle of the lake.

She gets out of the water and climbs onto a rock. I swim out towards the middle and dive down waiting for her to jump. She breathes.

I hear a muffled voice saying, "One two three and jump, that's all." She nods and counts herself down. She jumps and lands in the water.

Blizzard dives down to look at her, making sure she's all right. She swims upward and floats. "That was fun." "You bet it is." Blizzard says. The no fire trio. What a coincidence that we all met. What was she doing with Blizzard in the first place?