Silver Winglet: Small Group Discussion (Two)

Silver Winglet:
Quartz (IceWing), Dust (SandWing), Starlifter (NightWing), Pineapple (RainWing), Starfish (SeaWing), Falcon (SkyWing), Worm (MudWing)
—————
Quartz's POV:

Starlifter looks like she's thinking really hard, and I kind of don't want to interrupt her, but, if being besties with an IceWing princess taught me anything, it was to interrupt someone when they were thinking.

"Um. . . Starlifter?" She opens her eyes after she jumps up to feet from her sitting position. "I'm sorry to have started you," But not really, sorry that is.

"Oh it's fine." She says. "By the way, I'm Quartz, if you were wondering." She probably wasn't. "And we're clawmates." She probably doesn't care about that. She's a NightWing for Pyrrhia's sake.

"Oh . . . a nice to meet you Quartz." I roll my eyes, is this dragon for real? She's no NightWing. "So a . . . how are you?" She asks me.

"Fine." I say. I could be more NightWing than her. A big awkward pause sits between us. "Aren't you going to ask me how I'm doing?" She says.

"Well, I wasn't, but now that you mention it, I guess I will." I pause. "How are you doing?" We both seem pretty annoyed with each other, so living together will not go very well.

"Good." She says, and I leave her sitting there. Talk about boring. I look around to try and find someone more exciting. My eyes land on a yellow RainWing.

I walk up to him, and see him bite into a yellow fruit the same color as him. "What's that?" I ask him and he turns to look at me. He swallows his bite.

"Oh this?" He lifts his talon. I nod. "This is a pineapple, like me." It takes me a second to realize what he just said. "That's a coincidence." I say, and he grins.

"It's like my parents knew I was going to love pineapples." I laugh. "Pineapple loves pineapples." His grin grows wider. "Would you like to try one?"

I look at the pineapple, I mean, I'm not against new foods . . . so it wouldn't hurt to try. "I guess." He hands me a pineapple. I bite into it, and juices flow into my mouth.

It taste weird, but not a bad weird. I chew down, and retaliate. The juices feel like they're burning my tongue. Pineapple must have seen the look on my face because he says, "Yeah that sometimes happens, you get used to it after awhile."

I swallow and give him back his fruit. "No thank you." He laughs and hands me many small blue fruit. "Try it, trust me it's better." I trust him, "Okay."

I plop them into my mouth and bite down. Sweet juices fill my mouth. I swallow them and say, "That one's my favorite." "I thought so." Pineapple says.
—————
Dust POV:

Falcon caught me staring and Starfish caught us bickering. I'm very good at making rivalries I guess. Starlifter, Falcon, Starfish. Three already.

My parents are not going to be happy about this, they aren't even really happy. Their only moods are mad, disappointed, and angry. Never happy.

Not impressed, not happy, not any good emotions. I said I was going to be nothing like them, but here I am three dragons who hate me.

Just. Like. Them. I shiver, the thought of that makes me want to hurl. No. You are nothing like them. I hear murmuring but I don't hear any words, just my thought spinning around in my head.

The murmuring gets louder, and louder, until I hear the words. "Hello? Pyrrhia to Dust, Pyrrhia to Dust. You there?" I snap out of it.

"Oh, uh, yeah." I see Falcon waving his talon in front of my face. "We thought your soul left your body or something." Falcon says.

"I did not say that." Starfish insist. "Yes you did." Falcon says in a very annoying voice. Starfish growls, and says, "I did not, and you can not prove that I did."

"Oh yeah?" Falcon taunts. "Oh Worm! Over here." I see the MudWing come stand up from the desk by Starfish. "Yeah?" He asks, and Starfish turns to stare at Falcon.

"Did you here Starfish hear saying something about a soul leaving a body?" Starfish's gaze turns to Worm. "Oh yeah, he did say something about that."

Falcon turns to smirk at Starfish, "Yes you did." Starfish growls, and Worm backs away, obviously not wanting any part in this. "You two are not going to say a word of this."

He points his claws at Falcon and me, then turns to Worm, "You will not say a word of this either!" Worm nods and scurries away quickly.

"What about you? Do you promise?" He motions to us. Falcon agrees but not before a bit of bickering. "Fine," I say, and Starfish eyes us suspiciously.

"I will kill you with my own two talons if I hear a peep from either of you." Falcon pretends to be scared, and proceeds in angering Starfish further. I say okay, and sit back down in my seat.

I watch Starfish and Falcon annoy each other for a good five minutes, then decide it's getting a little boring. I go back to my thoughts.

I rest my head on my desk and close my eyes. When will school end? What day do I have to hope never comes? Being here is better than home.

Even if I have to learn, and even if I have to deal with those two lovebirds. And even if I have to deal with Ms. Star scales over there. It will be better than home. I'm going to make sure of that.