Jade Winglet: Small Group Discussion (Three)

Jade Winglet:
Snowdrop (IceWing), Fennec (SandWing), Twilight (NightWing), Bright (RainWing), Porpoise (SeaWing), Kilimanjaro (SkyWing), Bugle (MudWing)
—————
Kilimanjaro's POV:

Wow. She must be pretty smart, pronouncing our names like that. I only know how to pronounce three accents, SkyWing, NightWing, and SeaWing.

Princess Snowdrop. Her name sounds as elegant as the way she gives Fennec a handshake. I've never known a royal dragon before, a guess I can cross that off my list now.

I reach my talon out to her, and she shakes it. "Princess Snowdrop," I have to think for a second. "What's your favorite subject?"

She stares at me, obviously not expecting that question. "Well, my favorite subject is . . . history." I breathe for a second. Did she just say history?

A open my mouth to say something, but don't manage any words. She looks down at her talons, "I also like languages." I close my mouth, that is something I can relate to, at least.

"I speak, Pyrrhian, and ancient Pantalanian. I have also perfected all the accents, even the ones of the tribes on Pantala." She says, looking back up at us.

"That's . . . . impressive." Twilight says. It's not just impressive, it's very impressive. "It sure is, how did you learn ancient Pantalanian?" Fennec asks her.

I, I didn't think of that. I didn't think anyone spoke that anymore, it went out in Darkstalker's time. She stares at us for a second, looking back down at her talons. "Private teacher."

Of course she can afford that, but . . . that doesn't make sense. No one has spoken that in like, three thousand years. How can someone remember it and teach it?

I look at her suspiciously, she's lying. But what could she have to hide? "Say, 'My name's Snowdrop' in ancient Pantalanian." I tell her.

She nods and says, "Branchtrunkpi Snowdrop." She uses an accent I don't know, probably LeafWing. It does sound like how I expected . . .

"Cool! Say 'Who are you?'" Fennec tests her again. "Leefromichou?" She asks us. Fennec smiles at her and says, "Branchtrunkpi Fennec."

She smiles at him and says, "Treehollow Fennec." He looks confused and then she says, "Hello Fennec." He smiles at her, and she curls her tail in and says, "Willowbee flowerlove?" He stares at her for a second and then says, "Sure." They both smile.

"What did you say to Fennec?" Twilight asks. Snowdrop answers immediately, "Will you be my friend?" Fennec nods his head and says, "Of course!"
—————
Porpoise's POV:

"It is! I'm glad someone has the same opinion as me!" Bright practically screams at us. I reach up towards my ears, seeing if they are still intact.

I rest my tail on Bugle's tail, reassuring her that she isn't the only one who is annoyed by her. She looks at me with a smile, and breathes heavily out of her nostrils.

I can tell that action calms her down enough to not scream back at Bright. I decide to speak up, hopefully getting Bright slightly away from us.

"Hey, Bright, maybe you could see how Princess Snowdrop is doing." I look at Snowdrop, she has her head down and is looking at her talons, she's probably pretty embarrassed by something, judging from her behavior.

Bright looks back towards the four dragons and turns a light blue. "Your right Porpoise, I should check on her." With that she walks over towards them.

"Thank you." Bugle says, relief in her voice. "No problem, she is very loud, as you could tell." Bugle lets out a small laugh, and turns towards me.

I suddenly feel heat on my face. Bugle is beautiful, that blue flower complements her light brown mahogany scales perfectly. She's perfect.
—————
Bright's POV:

I could feel my scales turn blue when I saw the four of them. Snowdrop. Fennec. Twilight. Kilimanjaro. Why is Snowdrop's head dropping? What did they do to my clawmate?

My scales turn a orange - red color, with little bits of lime green. I probably look terrible with those colors. Okay, turn you scales a nice baby purple.

I walk over to them, looking at each of them carefully. My overwhelming joy gone in an instant. Snowdrop lifts her head, and says something I've never heard before, "Willowbee flowerlove?"

It's directed to the SandWing who has his tail curled into a safe position. Good. No one is going to hurt my clawmate on my watch. No one.

I can hear their conversation from here, it goes like this:

SandWing: Sure

NightWing: What did you say to Fennec?

Snowdrop: Will you be my friend?

SandWing: Of course!

Wait. She didn't ask me that. Does that mean she doesn't want to be friends with me? I can feel my scales changing into a baby blue.

"How are you guys doing?" I ask in my happiest voice. Snowdrop looks at me, my face, and comes sit by me. Fennec stares at her. I want to stab his eyes out.

"What's up, Bright?" She looks into my eyes at my scales. "Why are you sad?" I don't want to tell her, it might ruin what little friendship we have.

"Do . . . do you want to be my friend? And my clawmate?" I ask her, she looks concerned by my question. "Petalstem. Of course I do Bright. Why would you ever think not?"

"What does 'Petalstem' mean?" I ask her, not sure what on Pyrrhia she just said. She lifts her tail to put it on mine, "Petalstem means yes."

I feel my scales turning bright yellow again. I smile at her and she smiles back. "I'm glad your happy again, after all your energy makes everyone else happier."

That is one of the nicest things someone said to me about my happiness. "Thanks Snowdrop." "Wait, how did you know she was sad?" The SandWing says.

"Oh. Did I not mention I'm fluent in scale reading too?" She smirks. "I'm amazing aren't I? Fluent in two languages, all the accents, and scale reading." The SandWing laughs.

"You sure are something." He says, looking away from her. Does, does he . . . Never mind, just enjoy the moment. This shiny IceWing sitting by you, her tail over yours, comforting you. Enjoy it. It will never happen again.