Quartz Winglet: Small Group Discussion

Quartz Winglet:
Flurry (IceWing), Mouse (SandWing), Asteroid (NightWing), Twango (RainWing), Akoya (SeaWing), Gust (SkyWing), Lillypad (MudWing)
—————
Flurry's POV:

Trust no one, befriend no one, don't get close to anyone. They will stab you in the back and hurt you more than you can ever imagine. My motto.

I may have never been hurt by someone before, but I know what it can do to you and I don't want it to happen to me, ever. My motto protects me from pain. It's something to live by.

"Hi everyone, and welcome to your small group discussion. I'm Sunny, you might know me." Ah, yes I know her. The descendent of the Darkstalker.

I scan the room, putting dragons in 'danger', 'potentially dangerous', and 'peaceful' categories. The 'peaceful' dragons are the SandWing and MudWing.

The 'potentially dangerous' category includes, Sunny, and the SeaWing. The 'dangerous' category makes up of me, the NightWing, the SkyWing, and the NightWing-RainWing hybrid.

I give the hybrid a stare, she looks dangerous. She turns her head to look at me. This dragon just went up into the 'very dangerous' category.

She stares at me and I know what she is. She's a mind-reader. Her eyes widen and then narrow, probably putting me in a 'very dangerous' category as well.

Watch your thoughts. She can hear them, don't want to spill a secret, even though I don't have one. In the back of my mind I hear a voice.

It's her, her voice. She says to me, "Everyone has a secret sometimes Flurry." I shiver, my memory brought that up at the word 'secret' didn't it?

I push the voice back down and look away from her. My heart beats faster, and I feel a chill down my spine. I think as hard as I can.

Stop staring at me, hybrid. I think in my iciest voice, and I can almost hear her thoughts saying, "No." I stand up, and the class stares at me.

"If you would excuse me." I say to Sunny, she nods and says, "Sure thing." I can feel them staring at me as I walk out the doorway.

Out of there. I pause. You. I turn around and see the hybrid standing in front of me. "Don't follow me." I say to her, turning to walk the other way.

"Do you promise not to tell anyone about it?" Comes a soft voice, I pause. If I said yes she would stop following me. If I said no she would keep an eye on me.

Fine. Just leave me alone. "You have my word." I say. "Thank you." She says back, I pause again. "Don't thank me for anything." She turns around and walks back into class.
—————
Lillypad's POV:

I see the RainWing walk back into class, without the IceWing. Where could he have gone? I suddenly feel my heart drop. Something happened to Copper.

I have this connection with him, I know when he's been hurt and he knows when I've been hurt. "Everyone, I'm letting you go explore." Sunny, thank you so much.

I bust out of my seat and run out the door, earning me startled looks from Sunny and my classmates. I feel my heart drop again.

Where is he? I run outside looking for him, and run into a SeaWing, IceWing, and SkyWing. They're dripping wet, probably from an underground lake.

"Where's Copper?" I ask them frantically. "He's supposed to be coming back now, I heard he was out hunting." The SkyWing says quietly.

I look straight into her eyes, "Thank you." She looks startled but then says quietly as I take off, "She must be Lillypad." She knows me.

I fly as fast as I can and search the ground for movement. Something catches my eye, a bright red RainWing. She's cornering a MudWing, and another MudWing is tied to a tree.

Copper. I swoop down and land, the RainWing turns around quickly and says, "Get him untied." I nod and start undoing the knots.

I whisper in his ear, "It's going to be okay Copper, I'm here now." As if on command he opens his eyes and whispers, "Lillypad?"

I get him untied and he brings me into a big hug. "Now's not the time Copper." He lets go and I say, "He's untied lets go!" The RainWing twirls around and takes off.

I grab onto Copper forearm and help him take off and fly. "I'm glad your okay, Copper." I say. He shakes his head and says, "Thank Dahlia, she saved me from her."

My gaze travels to the RainWing flying ahead of us. "Are you okay on your own?" I ask him. "Yeah I'm okay to fly on my own." I smile, he's okay.

I fly up to the RainWing and she must have sensed me by her side because she said, "Is Copper okay?" I nod and she says, "You don't have to thank me for anything, he's in my winglet, that's all the reason to save him."

I open my mouth the say something but she interrupts me, "You're Lillypad, right?" I nod and she says, "How'd you find us?" Instinct.

"I have this connection with him, it makes it so I can sense it when he's hurt." She nods and says, "No wonder you're a couple." I pause.

He told them, didn't he? That's how the SkyWing knew my name. "You told me I didn't have to thank you but I will anyway, thank you so much for saving Copper. She looks at me and says, "No problem."