Chapter 7: the morning after

I kept my eyes closed for awhile despite being awake. Then you remembered what happened with you and Billy last night, it wasn't anything major, but he is one of the 'popular' kids. So it's kinda out of the ordinary.

Despite your thoughts, you opened your eyes. And to your surprise, he was still there. He was sleeping, like actually sleeping, not about to pull the same trick he did before.

You got up out of bed as quietly as possible as to not wake him up. You put on some clothes that were lying on the floor and walked to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

You splashed some cold water on your face for an extra wake up. Then you went back into your room, then you saw Billy sitting up on your bed rubbing his eyes.
"Good morning." You said with a smile, he stopped rubbing his eyes and looked back at you, he then also smiled.
"How much did we drink last night?" He asked you.
"I lost count." You said while walking over to your backpack. A few moments of scilence went by, while you were packing your school bag, until he spoke up.
"So what's the deal here, do you want me to not mention what happened?" He asks.
"Preferably yes, Steve would kill me, or you." You said with a bit of a laugh. He looked at you like he was questioning what you had said.
"I know he doesn't really have a say, but he is my best friend, so his opinion matters." You added.
"Ah." He replied.

He gathered his things and walked over to the window before opening it.
"What are you doing?" You Asked him.
"Just leaving, ya know, so your dad doesn't see me?" He said.
"Oh yeah, we'll I- I'll see you at school." You said with a smile, he smiled and shot a wink your way before making an escape. Once again, you felt unbelievably flustered. You finished gathering your things when you heard a car out front, you checked out your window and saw Steve. Right on time, you thought to yourself.

You ran down stairs and to the front door, until your dad stopped you.
"Who was that boy that come over?" He asked in a stern tone.
"Just a friend, he needed some help studying." You said nervously. Your dad looked at you for a few more seconds before deciding to go sit back down. You then ran out the door and got in the passenger side of Steve's car.

"So how was your study date?" Steve asked. He sounded like a 12 year old girl.
"It was fine, thank you very much." You said.
"Mhm, and nothing happened?"
"Well- maybe?" You said. Looking straight at the road.
"Something did happen!" He remarked rather loudly. You laughed at him.
"So what happened exactly?" He asked you. As much as you didn't want to tell him, it would hurt you more to keep a secret like that from him.
"We kissed, only for a bit." You said quietly, eyes never wavering from the road. Steve looked at you then back at the road, he smiled.
"What?" You asked.
"He was your first kiss." Steve said.
"I thought you would be pissed, don't you hate him?" You asked.
"Well if he makes you happy, I guess he's ok." He said.
"What gave away that I was happy, maybe I didn't enjoy the kiss." You said while crossing your arms.
"Bullshit!" Steve said.
"How do you know?!" You said while smiling.
"Because, you seem more giddy then usual." He added. Did you really look more happy than usual.

A few moments of silence passed by, until you spoke up.
"So anything new happen with Nancy?" You asked him.
"She tried to apologize, I didn't know what to say though."
"Nothing! You don't say anything, she did you wrong dude." You said.
"Lynn, she was drunk!" He responded.
"Drunk words are sober thoughts." You said. The rest of the ride was in silence.

When you pulled up to school, everyone was their usual rowdy selves. People crowded into groups, silently judging everyone else. When you scanned the parking lot, as usual to see if certain people were there, you didn't see Billy's car.
"Your boyfriend isn't here?" Steve said. You elbowed him.
"Ow." He muttered.
"Sorry." You quickly added with a smile. And you both made your way to the door.