Chapter 13

Pia.

"Why couldn't you have just opened the fucking door for Louis to fucking take you away and out of all our lives!" she grabbed my arm, pinching the skin.

She opened her bag with her opposite hand. My eyes watched her actions carefully.

"What are you doing?" I tried to pull out of her grasp.

She pulled out a syringe.

"Shhh this won't hurt. I'm just giving you a little to sedate you. If I gave you the entire thing they you'd overdose and that'd just be too easy. But know this; Harry is mine"

"What?" I looked from her and back to the syringe

We heard the floor by the door creak.

"Get away from her"

It was Harry.

Harry.

Veronica looked up at me standing in the doorframe, dropping the needle in the process along with her grip on Pia's arm.

"Harry I can explain"

"Step. Away. From her Veronica"

"Let me explain" she almost pleaded

"You told that bloody psycho where she was"

"Harry please...I was afraid of losing you—"

"Losing me?" I looked at her confused along with anger burning in my chest.

"Yes" she said almost relieved as if it must've made sense to me, "You were flocking to save her and I just didn't want to lose you"

I walked over to her and made sure we had eye contact before speaking, "You can't lose something you never had, love"

I picked up Pia bridal style. She wrapped her arms around me and clung to me in fear of her life. That's when it all started to make sense. She tried to tell me in the bathroom of the hotel. Veronica even told me implicitly in the elevator when she assumed Pia might've been at the hospital.

"Get out of my home before I phone the police. Leave my keys. Send me your letter of resignation by 9 am tomorrow"

"But...but Sir!" she tried to reason with me

"You were about to drug her. Do you want to go to jail!" I shouted

Pia cowered closer into my arms. Veronica shook her head.

"Give me my keys"

She rummaged through her bag and fished them out. She tossed them on the table.

"I'm not worried about any spares you made. All the locks will be changed. Now get the fuck out of my house"

She rushed past me. I stood there waiting to hear the door close behind her.

"You can stay with me" I spoke.

We went into my bedroom and I turned on the lights. I walked over to the bed and sat her down softly. She climbed under the duvet and laid her head on the pillow. I don't know why I did it but I pushed her hair back out of her face before going to my side of the bed and getting undressed. I slipped into sweatpants and climbed in. I sat pillows between us to make her feel comfortable. I turned the light out before setting the alarm. I flinched slightly as I felt her hand touching my arm, to make sure I was still there.

Next Day. Late Afternoon.

I stood there in the foyer watching the locksmith screw things and change things. I had my hair pushed back by a bandana. I looked up and out the open door to see a familiar car pull up.

"Fuck! What day is it?" I asked the locksmith.

"It's..." he paused checking his phone, "Saturday"

"Fuck, thank you" I stepped around him and walked outside.

It was Danielle and Liam.

"Hey!" I tried to smile through the stress.

"Love!" Danielle stepped out of the car and walked over to me

I embraced her gently.

"You don't have to hug me like I'll shatter to a million pieces, Harry" she laughed as we pulled apart

"You're carrying precious cargo though" I rubbed her tummy before kneeling down and speaking to it, "You two hurry up but take all the time you need"

Danielle swatted me away and laughed, heading inside. Liam walked up to me after locking the car.

"Hey!" he smiled

We hugged and pulled apart before heading inside. We walked around the locksmith as he continued to switch the locks.

"What's going on?" I heard Danielle ask from the kitchen

"Why are you getting your locks changed?" Liam looked at me

"I'll explain later" I sighed, rubbing my neck as I followed him.

We walked into the kitchen to see Danielle waddling around, pulling various ingredients out of cupboards and drawers.

"Dani what are you doing?" I asked, sitting at the island, propping my head up with my hand and elbow.

"Cooking for my men!" she smiled

"You shouldn't be up on your feet like that"

"Oh you're fighting a battle you'll never win, Harry" Liam laughed sitting down at the table behind me

"What do you mean?" I laughed

"Liam is always trying to get me to sit down and let the chef cook dinner! I want to cook!" she protested

"No!" Liam laughed, "You're due soon so it's time to relax"

"No!" she shook her head as she turned on the faucet for tea

"You don't care what Liam has to say?" I laughed at her stubbornness

"Absolutely not. He's said enough" she shrugged looking at us over her shoulder.

"Well will you care about what I have to say?" I stood up and hugged her from behind, "You're carrying my god children. It's my duty to protect 'em! I'll even take 'em off your hands when they get to be too much"

"Deal!"

"What the hell!" Liam shouted, "How the hell was it that easy for you?"

I kissed her forehead and shrugged.

"I'm just good like that" I laughed

She walked over to Liam and sat on his lap.

"Where's Veronica? She should be here. I invited her a while back" Dani looked at me, as she played with Liam's hair, "Why isn't she here?"

I could feel them looking at me waiting for an answer.

"She tried to kill me" we all heard come from behind us.

We turned around and there Pia stood.