chapter 11.

Harry.

I held onto her hand as we walked through the lobby of the Hilton.

"Welcome to the Hilton, how may I help you?"

"Hi" I read her name tag, "Cindy, I need a single for a week, please?"

She nodded and started to type and book the room.

"Here you go, I hope you and your wife have a great stay" she looked at Pia.

Pia stared at the wall behind her.

"Sweetheart" I whispered to her, "Let's go"

Cindy watched her, worried.

"Long flight from America"

"Ah" she smiled nodding

I walked Pia upstairs and to her room. I slid the keycard into the door. And opened it, she walked through, holding one bag as I held the other.

"Thank you" I heard her whisper

"You're welcome" I said letting the door close behind me, "Sit on the bed, I'm going to get the first aid kit for your hand"

I walked into the bathroom and kneeled down to the cabinet. I opened it and there it sat. I popped it off the wall and went back into the bedroom.

"Let me see your hand" I asked, kneeling on one knee in front of her.

She gave me her hand. I unwrapped the cloth from around her hand and dabbed it with alcohol. She winced as it stung.

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay" she shook her head

She pushed her hair back with her other hand.

"I'm sorry I put you through all this" she spoke

"What?" I looked up as I wrapped the gauze around her hand, "No don't apologize. Louis is scum and you made it out of there alive"

She nodded and wiped her eyes.

"Here's my number" I pulled out my card from my wallet.

I placed it in her bandaged hand and looked up at her.

"Call me if anything happens. Okay? You'll be safe here" I smiled

She tried to smile but I knew any smile she displayed was just for show, to hide her pain.

She walked me to the door and surprisingly hugged me goodbye. I rode the elevator down to the lobby and headed to the valet.

"Thank you" I tipped the valet and drove home.

I dialed Veronica's number and waited for her to answer.

"Mr. Styles"

"Veronica I need you to find out the number for the car rental Pia was using and have them tow the car from the office. Charge it to my MasterCard"

"Alright" she told me, "Is everything ok?"

"Yes...well no Louis slashed the poor girl's tires"

"I heard at the office"

"Yeah so I'll need her information with all of that so I can take care of it"

"Okay..." she told me

But I felt like she had more to say.

"What is it Veronica?" I waited for her to speak again

"It's nothi...it's just that...don't you think this is going above and beyond for her. I'm sorry but you're spending a lot of money"