chapter 12.

Pia.

I closed the door behind him and stared at the wood. My stomach grumbled and I winced at the pain.

"I need to eat" I whispered

I looked around the room. I grabbed the empty ice bucket and decided to have a drink. I opened the bar and grabbed a wine pony. I left the bottle on the counter and left the room. I walked down the hallway and to the elevator. The doors opened moments later and I climbed in, ice box in hand. I pressed "L" for lobby and waited. It took me down to the lobby as the doors opened. I stepped out and looked down the hall to see the ice machine. I walked over and up to the machine. I placed the bucket underneath the dispenser and waited for it to fill up. I looked around the lobby and saw a familiar face. A face that had been burned into my mind and was for sure never going to leave. I slowly walked back to the elevator. The man behind me called for me to come back. I wish he didn't because it called attention to myself.

He looked up and saw me. I made a run for the elevator. It opened and I tripped, falling inside. I saw him running for me the elevator as I sat on the phone and continued to press the button for my floor until the doors closed. My hands, my entire body was shaking. I covered my face with my hands and realized i was crying. I rummaged through my pocket for the room key. I pulled it out of my pocket as the doors opened on my floor. I stood up and ran to my room. I heard another elevator door ding. I turned around as I slid the card into the door. He stepped out of the elevator looking to his left before his right. I opened door and slammed it shut. I felt onto the floor in fear as I heard him banging on the door.

"Open the door!" he shouted

My body started to shake.

"Baby, open the door. Please. Veronica even knows we're meant to be together. How do you think I found you love"

"What?" I whispered through my crying

"Open the door!" he shouted, banging even harder

I crawled to the bathroom and locked myself in. I saw my phone on the counter and grabbed it. I pulled the card out of my pocket and dialed the number.

"555-4317" I whispered

"I'm sorry the number you've dialed is not in service"

"What" I started to shake

I took the phone away from my ear and checked the number, panicking.

"Fuck! 555-4371" I redialed

It started to ring. It felt like it was ringing forever. I heard the banging over the sound of the line ringing. Then it stopped and I heard his voice.

"Hello?" he said

I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I just shuffled into a corner and tried not to cry. I guess that's all he needed because the next time he spoke all he said was "I'm on my way. I'm on my way" as it sounded as if he was running.

Harry.

I slammed my finger against the elevator button.

"Close! Bloody close for fuck's sake!" I shouted as other patrons stared at me.

The elevator seemed to take forever to move. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Veronica.

"Mr. Styles?" I heard her question as she answered my call

"Yes, Veronica, I'm picking up Pia I need you to meet me at my house, immediately"

"Of course, is everything ok?"

"I just need you to get there. Can you do that?"

"Of course, where are you picking her up from? The hospital?"

"What?" I asked confused on why that would be her first question as to where she could be

"Nevermind, I'm on my way. I'll see you soon" she told me before hanging up.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it. Something was off. The elevator doors reopened on her floor. I raced down the hallway and to her door. I pulled the key out of my pocket and shoved it into the key slot, opening the door.

The room appeared to be empty.

"Pia?" I called out for her, "It's Harry"

I heard a noise that sounded like muffled sobbing from the bathroom. I walked over and opened the door slowly. There she sat like a broken little girl curled in the corner on the floor.

"Pia" I whispered rushing over to her and picking her up.

She was mumbling something through her sobs.

"Veronica...she...I...he was...." were the only bits and pieces I could understand.

She looked up at me. I wrapped my arms around her. She leaned into my chest.

"It's ok. You're safe. I promise" I rubbed her back.

I managed to get her things together and get her down to the car without any questions. She laid in the passenger seat, balled up, holding onto my arm. I assumed she gripped on so tight to make sure I wasn't leaving her again. I'd never felt this before, this emotion and instinct to protect someone.

We pulled into my driveway and I got her into the house.

Pia.

We were back at Harry's. I only felt safest with Harry. Louis didn't dare touch me when Harry was around.

He sat in front of me as I laid on the guest bed. It was silent. I wasn't sure what to say. I bit my lip trying not to cry.

"You're safe now"

"Harry!" A voice called out

"Who is that?" I asked as my breathing started to quicken.

"Veronica" Harry told me, "She's here to help"

We heard footsteps from the hallway and my body instantly started to shake with fear. She rounded the corner and entered the room, filling with false humility and concern. She told Louis I was there. She told him my room number and everything. She sent him there.

"Pia" Harry turned back to me, "You're shaking. It's okay. Veronica is here to help"

"Pia, darling" Veronica walked closer to me, "I assure you Louis will not get to you"

She was lying through her teeth and it made my skin crawl.

"Maybe you can give her something to relax her, a Xanax?" she looked at Harry.

"Yeah?" Harry looked at me and nodded, "I'll be right back"

Don't leave me with her!

Veronica stared down at me.

"Ok...little Sweet P."

"Don't call me tha-"

"Don't speak to me. For fuck's sake you couldn't do just one thing...before you showed up he would've never spoken to me the way he has in the last few days. We were on our way to being engaged"

She was delusional. She was insane.