Chapter 12

Sonics pov

During the walk to the morgue I looked at Rika and asked, "So Rika. How many scary stuff have you been seeing or hearing?" She replied as she turned to me, "I listen to more than 50 scary stuff. From a white faceless dude that wears a tux and snatches people in the woods to a super bad ass doll that is possessed by a serial killer." I said to her, "I'm very interested in the fact that I think you take a liking to this." That's when Rika asked, "That reminds me. Have you seen a pail faceless dude in a tux?" I replied, "No and I doubt I will. Anyway have you and your sister explore any haunted sightings or something?" Tom then chimes into the conversation, "Sonic the only haunted attractions we have here are that haunted mansion, the abandoned amusement park next to a lake in the forest, the greenhill cemetery, and a few other places." Rika replied to me, "Sonic, This one time me and Jewel were at the cemetery just to camp out and see if we can get some ghost action. But we didn't get anything. We forgot to bring a camera." I replied, "Oh sorry to hear." That's when Rika said as he grabbed my hand, "Hey Sonic. How about goin ghost hunt with me and Jewel it be fun." I replied to her, "I'll think about it. Who knows? Maybe it will make up for lost times." Rika smiled at me and said, "yeah. Maybe it will." I heard Tom say to the coroner in a playfully teasing tone, "It's cute seeing them talk to each other." I also heard the coroner reply as he pointed to me and Rika, "hehe young love." Me and a Rika said with an annoyed look, "We heard that." Tom had an embarrassed smile on his face as he and the coroner chuckled. That's when Tom said to us with a hint of mischief in his eyes in a teasing tone, "Maybe once this is done you and your girl over there can go out for dinner. Wade knows a restaurant thats romantic for two." He burst out laughing as I said in a irritating tone, "Oh come on. Tom the Donut Lord we have been over this. Me and Rika do not think of each other that way." I know he's just teasing but still it gets on my nerves sometimes when people think me and Rika are meant to be together. Once we arrived in the morgue as Julia and Rika were amazed at it. Obviously to them it was spooky as they see it on horror movies that involved morgues. Rika asked the coroner, "So dude where's the poacher that ya brought in?" The coroner replied, "We brought him this morning from the small Indian village which are very neighborly towards us." I asked if we can see him and luckily he nodded. He removed the sheet from the body after walking towards it. To the girls disappointment the poachers wasn't as bloody as they hoped. Though he did have a mere blow to the head. I asked, "Cause of death?" The coroner replied, "Well it was a severe blow to the head. He was rendered unconscious. But he started bleeding to death when he woke up but he slipped and fell on his head." I asked, "Did he slip the first time or something." Rika looked closer and said, "I don't think he did pay fast buddy." The coroner chimed in as he looked at the charts, "She's actually right. There was no sign of a accidental trip when he was unconscious. Looked like he was pushed or something. Can't really rule out homicide. Nor can I confirm this was suicide." I asked Tom, "So donut lord. We're they're any similar events happening?" Tom replied after he thought for a moment, "Now that I think about it. This dates back to 10 years ago. The villagers took in a new protector. A few weeks later poachers have begin getting attacked and having concussions after hitting a distant tree or two. Whoever or whatever it is must be strong to take down this guy." Julia asked, "Mr. Wachowski are you still using our WiFi?" Tom nodded and said, "Yeah. Look we still..." Julia interrupted, "We still don't mind you guys using it. Though I'm thinking of getting a hotspot on my phone so me and Rika will look at some super spooky new horror films. Plus I'm hearing there's a new Chucky series coming out next year." Rika replied to her, "Yeah though I hope we don't see any low budget movies from full moon direct." Julia sighs before agreeing to her. I then said to them, "Alright can you two hold on to the horror talk until we get to the bottom of this?" I then turn to the coroner and asked, "Any chance you know where this Indian village is?" The coroner replied as he washed his hands in the sink, "It's not too far from here. If you take a left at the farm your there." I thanked him before turning to Tom and said, "Alright we're on our way. Can you meet us at the village after this??" Tom replied, "Yeah bud. I'll meet up with you after I ask the coroner a couple of questions." I nodded before me and the girls walked out.