𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹: 𝙶𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚜𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍'𝚟𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚄𝚜

Y/N's POV

"Don't do that! I felt like my heart dropped," you said to Jay but couldn't help to smile, "That was pretty funny though." For the first time, you felt happy. Although it wasn't Jake, so you lost your interest quickly.

"What are you just standing there for?" Jay asked you, then realized.

"Yeah, but have you been to this branch of HU?" You asked him about it.

"No, but do you want to see them?" That question piqued your interest back and you nod, "Here." Jay handed you a spare helmet.

"Oh, you ride motorcycles?" You were curious about it, he stepped aside and saw it.

"Let's go," Jay invites you, he wears his helmet and you don't realize that you are on the wrong side and he starts laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" You questioned, he walked towards you and removed the helmet.

"Let me do it," he says with a smile and puts it back on the correct side, for a moment, you locked eyes.

Something about him just feels right, you feel queasy about it because you don't know what you're feeling. His eyes are sparkling whenever you look him in the eyes, you shake the thought away when you take a seat behind him. You weren't seated properly yet when he started the engine and drove immediately, you were surprised about it and hugged him tightly to not drop yourself. Jay started laughing and you glared at him, he continued laughing before winking at you. You calmed down when he started paying attention to the road ahead and it wasn't long before you reached your destination. He parked it on the bike lane before removing his helmet, you unbuckled the helmet, and a strong breeze passed by you. Your hair flowing through the wind, Jay looks mesmerized at you, so you can't help but blush.

"I'll remind you next time not to drive like that," you snarked at him and he raised one of his eyebrows at you. Before he puts his helmet at his side and cocks his head.

"Oh, so there's a next time?" Jay teased, because of what you said, you blushed even harder and were speechless about it.

"I— uh, what?" Those are the words that came out of your mouth, he dismisses you by putting the helmets aside.

"Just teasing you, Y/N. Let's go," he pointed out.

You followed him around the campus and were quite surprised that he knew this place, even though he still hasn't shared some things with you, you are glad Jay's with you. You stop in your tracks when a statue of what you two discussed during the celebratory party that happened months ago, he notices you staring at it and he stands beside you.

"Ah, this statue. A beautiful night at that," Jay said without looking at you, your gaze landed on him before looking back at the statue.

"Yeah, I didn't know a lot of things had already happened." You turned to face him, "Jay?" You call him, and he stares back at you and faces you as well.

"Y/N?" He calls you back, and the both of you chuckle. His gaze softens when you stare at him with such an expression, "Don't." Jay said, your brows turned into worry.

"Don't... what?" You asked him.

"Don't look at me with such expressions, Y/N." He pointed out before stepping back, "Don't give me hope."

"I... I'm sorry," you said before approaching Jay, "I just wanted to ask you this, just the two of us." A tear wells up on your face.

"What is it?" He asked, he was under the shade while the sunlight reflected on your face. Your eyes glimmering under the sun.

"Will you wait for me?" You asked Jay while you were a few feet away.

"Wait for what?" He asked again.

"After all this? Will you wait for me?" You questioned, "You don't have to answer that just yet, but once we see each other again, I hope you have an answer." You kissed Jay on the cheek and looked at him painfully before turning around to leave. Without wanting to hear from him, you hurriedly walked away but stopped when he said something that piqued your interest.

"So there is a next time," Jay said loudly, you can't help but smile widely.

You felt his smile even though you weren't facing him, then your smile dropped immediately when you saw Jake's ex looking at you from across the field. You started rushing after her as she tried to ignore what just happened, you finally caught up to her and pulled her to a corner.

"Please, just listen to me." You said to her, "I just wanted to say I'm sorry I took your diary." You pointed out while you caught your breath.

"Why would I listen to you, I gave you Jake, I gave you my everything." She emphasized already in tears, "Why can't you be—" you cut her off.

"It's because he's still in love with you!" You bitterly exclaimed to her, "I took your diary because I thought that would make him mine, but it doesn't work. So please," your throat hitches trying to stop yourself from breaking apart.

"Then what else do you want from me? I can't take Jake back, and you can't make him yours." She pointed out.

"I just want you to stop what you're doing and get him back, please." You kneeled, begging her, "All of us are hurting." You sobbed.

"I— I can't," she stammered, as you looked up at her.

"What? Why?" You asked weakly.

She said something that deafened you, leaving you seated on the cold floor of the school. Even after she left, you still can't process what she said. You stood up and went to the bathroom to clean yourself up and retouch your makeup before going to the principal of the high school department to assess your sudden transfer to Hybe University Australia. It took a long time for it to process, while you were waiting for them to finish, you remembered what you and Jay were doing and smiled lightheartedly. It only dawned on you that you and Jake could never be that, if only, for a moment, there could've been a glimpse of what could've been the both of you.

* * * * *
A/N: Of course, we need to stretch it out a bit. Another short chapter! My length depends on how it feels it should end every chapter, so I hope you understand. I'll just drink my tears for the rest of the chapters ahead.

 I'll just drink my tears for the rest of the chapters ahead

* * * * *