𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽: 𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚊𝚕

Y/N's POV

They say there are about 5 stages of grief. The first stage is Denial, you try to deny the fact that your loved ones or significant other is gone or out of your life. You try not to let that sink into your head because there's still a sliver of chance of it not happening, so you deny everything.

After kissing for what seems like a moment, Jay steps back from you. You were too devastated to even process a lot of things right now, he didn't say anything to you but dialed Lia as soon as you calmed down. The both of you were sitting across from each other, not saying anything, he then got up from his seat when he saw Lia's car closing in. He gave you one last look before leaving you with Lia, and when you saw her, you cried again. She already has your stuff in her hands and the rest in the car, she suggested that you stay for the time being in her place before going back.

"I thought everything was fine, he was so caring, so... loving," you said before sobbing again, "I really thought that was it." Lia walks with you to the car.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N, I thought it was real too. I guess we both expected to—" You cut her off.

"No, I know he loves me. He couldn't say and look at me like that without feeling something," you uttered as you gasped for air.

Lia didn't say anything as the both of you were defeated for the rest of the night, she helped you on the stairs to her house. You dropped to the floor, busting your lips at the impact. Which made you cry even more, she just looked at you sadly while trying to mend your wound.

"No, don't look at me like that." You pointed out to her as you wiped your tears, "Don't pity me..." you trailed off, and because of the excessive crying you passed out from exhaustion.

You wake up the next day, your belongings are already here. You sat up sadly on the bed, still denying the fact of what you just witnessed last night. Jake's friends talking about how he's only impressing his father, him making out with his ex as if it's the last night of the world, and you making out with Jay... that thought stops you from thinking, you touch your lips, then thought what if Jake was the one kissing you. You chuckled at that thought, then someone stepped inside your room. It was Lia, looking at you as if you were crazy before crying again.

"It's early in the morning, and the first thing you do is cry?" She asked you before trying to get you up, "That's not the Y/N I know," she added.

"Yes, it's not the Jake I know," you seem to mishear what Lia said, "Let's go." You stated to her as you freshened up and dialed his father's number.

It wasn't long before Mr. Sim's chauffeur arrived at Lia's penthouse, you followed him to your car and Lia was unsure whether to let you do what you wanted to do. Nonetheless, she didn't stop you, hoping that you know what you're doing. You smiled at her gently before stepping in while the chauffeur drove you to Sim Industries, Mr. Sim was enthralled to see you and he dismissed everyone before meeting with you.

"Ah, Y/N! You're here, good. Sit down, I'll bring someone here in a bit." He stated before dialing a number on his telephone with a stick, "I'm sure he'll be glad to see you." Mr. Sim sat in his chair and later on, someone came knocking on the door before opening the door.

"You were looking for me, father?" The voice made you recognize who it was and you turned around to look, and Jake was surprised to see you.

"Looks like your girlfriend is looking for you, she even called me up to say hello in person." Mr. Sim addressed Jake before standing up, "I was hoping that the party went well?" He asked his son, making Jake speechless, so you interrupted.

"Yes, Mr. Sim. It was a splendid night, I'm sure Jake still has a hangover. I'll escort him out on the way," you said before standing up as well, "We'll take our leave, Mr. Sim." You added.

You take your leave with Jake, once you're inside the elevator, he flinches at the sight of you. You scoffed at him before speaking.

"Don't even think for a second that this is over," you told him.

"It IS over, Y/N! We just got back together—" you cut him off.

"It's not over! You gave me this... idea, and I made these conditions. So, I have the say when this relationship is over." You argued, your tears falling down your cheeks.

Just then, the doors of the elevator start opening and you fix yourself while Jake stands quietly beside you. You smiled at the employees before stepping out of the elevator, you looked at him to follow you. He wasn't able to say anything with your strong and aggressive acts toward him, and somehow, you feel like you're content with what you're doing... for now.

* * * * *
A/N: Sorry if it took 4 days for me to publish this, I was thinking of the best ways to end the first story of the YouNiverse Series. So spoiler ahead, there are about 4 chapters left in this story. So let me know at the end what and how you felt about the story! Again, this is a short chapter but I guess it's a nice combo of writing short chapters for a long and well-planned chapter.

P.S. This is me lying down on the cold hard floor because I'm the one hurting first before hurting others :))

* * * * *