Chapter 44

THE NEXT DAY, THURSDAY 

Sheky (POV) 

I took a day off today as I couldn't bear to see Duyduy. It looks like she hates me now. Nobody knows why I lied except me. It is my duty to carry this load now. If they don't want me home then I can stay in this motel for the rest of my life. 

Suddenly my phone rang. It is my mother. Why is she calling me? It's been two months since she last called. 

I picked it up. 

Sheky: Hello mom. It is good to hear from you after so much time. How are you? 

Sheky's mother: I am fine and you? 

Sheky: I am good. 

Sheky's mother: Jack called me yesterday. He told me that you are not home. Where are you? 

Sheky : uhh… I am staying in a hotel for the time being. It's nearer to the school. 

Sheky's mother: Liar! Why are you lying to your own mother? Is it what I told you? Jack told me everything, Sheky. How could you lie to all of us. At least you should have told me. I would help you with everything. 

Sheky: Jack told you everything? Why? 

Sheky's mother: He is worried because you live in a motel. Is it somewhere to live? 

When I stayed silent she continued 

Sheky's mother: Come home. And stay here for a few weeks. You must tell me everything from A to Z. 

Sheky: But school is not over yet. 

Sheky's mother: I don't care! Do you want me to call them and say that you are quitting? I don't think so therefore come here today. 

After she said what she had to say, she hung up in my face. 

… 

After my mother's call, I went to prepare my luggage and sign out of the motel. My car is still home. So I decided to message Jack. I knew he did not want to talk so I told him I would come to take my car. 

When I reached home, I saw a box on my car. I opened it and saw my car key and my licence in it. 

"Wow Jack! You don't even want me to enter the house. Wow!" I thought. 

I opened my car and started the engine. I let it warm a little then I drove. 

… 

After about three hours of constant driving, I finally reached my parent's house. 

It still looked like before, when I was in college. My mother makes sure that every six months someone renovates the house. When you were an actress and now you are the CEO of an agency, well you have the money to do whatever you want. 

I was always independent. I never asked mom for money even when I was young. It is not that she wouldn't give me,it is just that I like to be independent as an only child. If I needed money for something I would rather do a part time job or wait for my birthday or Christmas to receive money from relatives who were either too busy to buy a gift for me or who always forget that I existed. 

I knocked on the door and waited for her to let me in. She gave me a tight hug. I hugged her back. 

She let me in and I went to see my dad. As always, he was doing well. 

Mom told me to put my luggage in my old room and come to see her after. 

"Now tell me everything. From the start with Oreo." She said frowning. 

"Alright." I sat beside her on the couch and told her everything still today. I didn't miss any details. 

"So you didn't know you were pregnant when you caught Oreo cheating on you?" mom asked. 

"No. I wanted to show him that I didn't need him so I dated Jack. After 1 week of dating Jack, I started to feel nauseous then when I went to the hospital, they told me that I was pregnant. So I tried everything to make Jack think the baby was his. I knew that Oreo would not care about the child and I didn't want to go back to him after what he did. I was sure that Jack would be the perfect dad for my baby and I was right." I replied. 

"Oh my dear." She said, giving me a hug. 

"Now I should try my best to make them forgive me." 

"No! Now you should relax until I give you permission to leave." She smiled. 

"Dinner is ready." My dad shouted from the kitchen and then we went to eat. 

***********************************

Duyduy (POV)

The bell just rang, English class was over. Just after Miss Pearl left the classroom, Pikpik got up and started talking. 

"Hey! You would not believe what I saw Saturday morning…" She shouted. 

"Let me guess,Mr Micky!" The class captain said, then the whole class burst into laughter. 

"Yeah! He was accompanied by a beautiful blonde woman. She is probably his girlfriend. To be honest they look so good together. Even if I must admit it, I did have a crush on Mr Micky." She replied. I could hear the whole class commenting about it.

"Oh… I'm sure that woman must be beautiful as a Goddess. I mean Micky is so handsome…" 

"I wish I could know who it was…"

"Oh… Micky is not available now! I thought that I could have a chance with him." 

I couldn't hear all those comments about Micky and his girlfriend without my heart tearing into pieces. I got up and left for the washroom, where I couldn't hold my tears. I fell on my knees and started crying.

I just hope that nobody sees me in that state.

"Why I'm I crying? Do I love Micky that much? I need to forget him! I must find a way!" I got up and washed my face before leaving. 

I was walking in the school yard, thinking about Micky. 

*BAM

"Watch where you're going! Are you blind?" I turned to face the individual. It was Yusouf. 

"Oh… I see. You must be depressed right now. I mean Nanami told me that both of  you saw Micky hugging that woman, who seems to be the subject of the school right now. Now, you know what it feels like to be heartbroken." He smirked at me.

"Stop wasting my time. Get out of my way! I've to go and see my lovely girls." He pushed me away.

Was he as hurt as I am right now? Did I really turn him into… this? I'm such an idiot. 

"Sorry Yusouf" I thought.