spring

"Hello, If you're reading this... You are one of my last loves...

My name is Jungguk, but probably you know that hehe. I am writing this letter to remember. I want to remember all the happy or sad memories I've had in my past six lives. Or should I say seven? Most likely, if you read this, I have already consumed the seventh life I had, and now it is my turn to rest. Compared to the other six lives I've lived, I was ready now. That's why I gave you this letter in advance and told you to open it now. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I made you wait, I'm sorry that even in this life I couldn't make you happy, I tried, you know. Fate is sometimes cruel and I haven't had a good one. I'm sorry I knew how I would end up, and you didn't.

I know you're crying now. I know you cried in your previous life when you lost me. I know I promised you I'd be stronger in this life ... I couldn't. I knew I couldn't. That's why I'm writing this here, to remind you of the beautiful moments we spent together.

Do you remember when we first met?

Probably not... You lost your memories when you reincarnated in this life. But I do.

It was spring. The trees were full of pink flowers, and it was getting colder outside. I was about fifteen at the time. I was just a kid. You were seventeen I think, you were older than me. Dad brought me there. My oath was to work all my life in the palace, to serve you for the rest of my life, or yours. Looks like I didn't fulfill that one promise either. You were the emperor's son, I was supposed to be intimidated by you, but your eyes made me fall in love with you, instead of fearing you. I had a small crush on you since the age of fifteen, but I didn't pay much attention to it. We were kids, and we had duties. It's just that from a simple crush, it turned into something more, and when I came to work as your right hand at the age of eighteen, I couldn't help but be in love with you.

You didn't need to know that. If anyone found out, our lives would turn into a nightmare. Especially since the relationship between two men was forbidden at that time. That's how I died. Don't feel bad. That happened a long time ago and it's not your fault, you don't even remember.

I always wonder what it was like in the past, and I always told you something trivial because I wanted to remember the bad things I had experienced over the years. But now, looking back ... And bad memories have a purpose. They start badly, but sometimes they end up wonderfully.

And hyung? Don't be sad... I can still listen to your songs from where I'm going. So I'm waiting for you to create something beautiful. Don't forget, I love you, Yoongi.

- Your love, Jungkook"