Chapter 6

The mornings are still chilly at Seine. April drapes a baby pink cardigan over her off white blouse and miniskirt.
It's 6:45 am.
She goes over her handbag to make sure she isn't forgetting anything - driving licence, credit card, glasses, pen&notebook,and her pills.

April couldn't sleep a wink last night. Ever since she was a little girl the anticipation of something brought her anxiety. Last night was no different. She was excited, nervous, thrilled all at the same time.

Frank arrives to pick up April in his black dual Ghia '62 . It is spacious for two people and has a good mileage.

April has packed a totem bag for the trip since she knows it won't be more than a few days.

As Frank gets out of the car and in the villa , he meets Samantha.

"Sam, this is Mr Frank Sinatra. "

"Frank, this is Sam, remember the lemon-blueberry cake , she made it. " April introduces.

"How do you do" Frank shakes her hand.

Unlike April, Samantha was very aware of the private life of Frank Sinatra from the gossip column her friend Violet reads to her.

She is sceptical about April going to Paris with him .

"Shall we leave now?" Frank asks April as he offers his hand.

April smiles and they leave the villa to the car.

"April, you look tired, are you alright?" , Frank asks after they sit in the car.

April doesn't like wearing much makeup , just a little touch here and there, so it must be obvious that she is tired from her puffy face and droopy eyes.

"Yeah I am alright. ", April assures him.

It's a two hour drive from Seine to Paris. Their car has taken the highway through the countryside, the scenary is beautiful.

Suddenly, April realises there's another blue car either going infront of them or behind them. She tries to take a peek at that car , in front of them at that instant, there's only two people in it , one being the driver .

"Oh don't worry about that. They're my people" , Frank says after noticing April's concerned face.

" I should have realised this before a man like you must have security following you. Nevermind. "

Their car is moving up in a highway just by the Seine River. The morning mist is dissolving in the golden rays coming from far above.
The air is picking up it's warmth, people are slowly emerging from the comfort of their homes to go about their days.
The roadside is covered with lush greeneries, Apple gardens and occasional little shops .

April looks out of the window, she loves getting the air in her face, her shortly trimmed dark hair is messing up in the wind.

"Hey, wake up, we are stopping here." , April hears a soft voice with a nudge on her right shoulder.

She wakes up to find herself buried in Frank's chest. She didn't realise when she fell asleep.

Instantly, she feels embarassed.

"Oh I am so sorry, I didn't mean to-''
"It's fine" , Frank cuts off April mid sentence.