Chapter 5~ Trust Your Instinct

♤Callie's POV♤

Steve and I probably work until 10 at night reading descriptions, deciphering algorithms, and understanding sketches. My eyes blink open, and I shoot out of bed and back into the dining room. I see Steve, slightly startled at my abrupt appearance, standing and looking over my papers. I rub my eyes and glance at what he's reading. It's the crystal's location paper that we have been having so much trouble with.

"Good morning," Steve smiles at me from the side. "Sleep in, did we?"

"I have a perfectly good explanation," I laugh slightly, sitting down with Steve. "Figure anything out about the location?"

Steve's brow wrinkles, staring out at the busy city and the bright sun. I looked out too, my mind elsewhere. I could sense the President in his office, the swarm of minds in the museums, and the people rushing around down on the streets. I shake my head to clear the rush of thoughts from my mind, and see Steve looking at me expectantly.

"Oh! Sorry, Steve, I spaced out," I apologize.

"I said, do you remember what the crystals, uh, sensed like?" He waved his strong hands around slightly. I think hard, sifting through my brain.

Of course I remember the crystals presence; they are like another extension of me. Just as my lightsaber is.

"Yes. I do," I confirm hesitantly.

"Why?"

"Well, think about it," Steve begins. "If you follow the presence or sense, you could find the new crystals."

I think about this for a moment, considering the possibilities.

"I'll try; it will take immense concentration, though, so you can't bother me," I say cautiously. Steve grins.

"I won't bother you," his voice goes up and down, making me smile. "Maybe it will be easier to focus in your room?"

I nod, high fiving my dad and scampering up the stairs and jumping onto my bed, sitting in a pike. I breathe deeply, shutting out everything around me as I close my eyes.

I bring back the sense of the crystals I am so used to, and let it fill my head, feeling an immense surge of power. I hear faint foreign chatter echoing in the back of my mind as the sense of the crystals lead me. I can sense a tall, dark castle, and there seems to be a barrier around it. I sense life forms, and then, there! I sense the presence of the crystals.

It doesn't feel right, though. The crystals feel...full, almost complete. I must've found the real lightsabers, the ones that have been stolen. The familier presence calms me, but I know that's not what I'm looking for. I keep the foreign echo and palace sillouette in the back of my mind as I block out that sense and search more in the US, since that's where my father said the crystals are.

There. The empty sense of different, yet familier crystal presence draws me near water. I sense an old fashion auror to the place, and it feels empty and ghostly. I do not like the feel of it, but I remember the feeling and my eyes shoot back open, and I'm back in the apartment in DC.

I yank on a pair of jeans and a shirt before leaping out of my bed and down the stairs, skidding back into the kitchen to see Steve cooking. It smelled like...lunch? How long had I been up there?

Steve immediatly spins around and leans against the small counter as I hop on one of the chairs.

"Anything?" He asks hopefully. I nod excitedly.

"The Force showed me so much," I smile, lingering on the surge of power I had felt. "I killed two birds with one stone, persay."

"Come again?" Steve questions, very old fashionly.

"I somewhat have an idea of where the original sabers are. And I found the presence of the crystals in America."

"Where?" He wonders.

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. Where is it?

"I...I'm not sure," I pause. "The presence just...pulled me there," I try to explain, my brown hair falling around my shoulders. "I didnt actually get coordinates."

"I'm can't help you of you don't know where you're going," Steve looks me in the eyes. I tap my fingers on the counter.

"You don't have to," I decide, getting up.

"Excuse me, young lady?" Steve's protective side starts to peek through.

"I need to do this alone," I say, walking to the closet and yanking out my favorite jacket, slipping it on.

"Oh, no. I can't let you go alone!" Steve exclaims.

"I know you can't, but you have to!" I tell him, exasparated. I pull out a small knapsack. "I know what I'm doing...just not...how."

Steve's face seems like a mix of confusion and disbelief. Huffing, I go and grab my lightsaber parts.

"I can't explain it, Steve! I'm sorry! I wish I could," I burst out. His face, rock solid before, softens a bit.

"I...know how you feel," he scratches the back of his neck. "I can't believe I'm letting you do this."

I go up and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I'll be back in a few days," I check my back pocket for money. "Say high to Nat and Fury for me."

"I will," he sighs, kneeling down to my level. "Just remember, keep your wit about you. Use that brain of yours."

I nod and hug him one more time before stepping out the door. I let out a deep sigh as I go down the elevator, stepping outside.

I let the crystal presence take over me, and the Force moves my feet towards the Atlantic Ocean direction. All I have is the Force. Hopefully, that is enough.

°○°○°○°○°
A.N- Thanks for reading a and following. I know, right now, it's not very interesting, but it's getting there! Thank you and Happy Reading!