37

Elistine is not just a woman who has plenty of money, she's the so called Queen of wealth throughout the four kingdom. Knowing this, no king would want to oppose her though she wouldn't be excused for any serious crimes but if she's proven innocent then the one who accuse her, may it be a royal, noble or any rank wouldn't get to know the word mercy too.

That's the contract she made with each kingdom in different rules to fit on her own intentions of just making money and never the throne of anyone at all, it is undoubtedly wonderful to have plenty of riches. Yet everything has it's cause, she needs to dealt with rats trying to make their way through her den from time to time. Traitors, assassinations, accusations, politics, rumours, and don't even get started with power hungry people trying to use her.

She definitely knew how hard this path would take from her own experience, this also is exhausting even from her own witch race known from their longer lifespan than a simple human. Yes she is a witch.

There is different types of race just as said before here also exist the witch clan, who was known from their hermit behaviour of keeping secrets about their kin so only few things were known about them, such as their lifespan and their different interest where they harness different talents. Unlike other fantasy books these witches weren't like those ugly wicked creatures who uses spells and magic to curse and do harm to someone. Though it is entirely possible but never recommended as a witch because like their own race's motto everything has it's own price.

Using dark magic to harm someone as a witch takes up something that you cherish in a witches life. Like sight, emotions, knowledge, memory, smell and many more. So therefore no witch usually uses dark magic, but they do have different talents in different fields achieving much more of a usual human does plus their longer lifespan. Some were harness the talents in music, arts, debate, politics, invention, gardening and much more though their kind we're reluctant to choose any side and would rather stay unbiased and in the middle with no attachment to anything except their interest.

Elistine being the witch of wealth does makes more sense of who she is. Though witches were highlighted as genius creatures in their interest their own race population is way to little to notice and their similar appearance like humans makes them blend in much properly than beastkin's.

To other human, witches were nothing but a fairytale or myth. When witches were born they got a much higher capabilities than other human to develop much faster to their environment to survive though it is rare to see a witch born from both human parents with no witch in their linage, which is also what Elistine experience.

Being born in both human parents with no knowledge from who she is and nothing but a pull in her interest makes her wanna seek answers. After knowing what she is her parents had already long pass, so is her friends, acquaintances and other living beings she cherish. She's broken by the thought and swear to never cherish anything but her interest; which makes her felt alive. Until she found a little clever girl who emits so much potential, she didn't put anything to it.

Not until she felt the vibrations only witches could feel to their own kin, a witch. A young witch with peculiar vibrations she couldn't point what is.

It is so rare to see other witches like a gold grain in a sack of rice due to their dying race, knowing this she didn't spare anything and would never let go of a hold of this other creature, finally someone who can accompany her with the same lifespan.

Finally.